Love or Law

Jimmy POV

I wake to the smell of freshly brewed tea. I climb down the ladder and find Shelby sitting at the table reading a book, a cup of tea in front of her.

"What are you reading?" I ask, sitting across from her. She jumped, apparently she hadn't heard me get up.

"Oh my gosh! Don't scare me like that." She said with a smile. 

"Haha, sorry!"

"To answer your question... I think I found something that might help Scott." She said, passing the book to me.

"Really! That's great!" I say. I look at the book, most of the ingredients were pretty easy to get but..

"We need a nether star?..." I say, looking up at Shelby

"Two." She replied, "Do you know who could help us a lot..."

I sigh because I do know, I just don't want to admit it. "Joel..."

"Yup. Problem is, I can't go into the nether. Witches rules."

"Are you saying what I think you are."

"Jimmy...You have to go to the nether with Joel."

"Shelby-" I say, my head in my hands.

"Jimmy. Love or Law. You choose which. I have to go back to Katherine. Come visit me once you have decided. Also, I suggest leaving Chromia. It will just hurt you more." She said, standing up and gathering her books. "See you soon Jimmy."

Love...or law. I am the sheriff! I need to protect the law, it's my duty. But..

My mind went to Scott. The flirtation jokes. Scott... My ally, my friend, my....crush.

Damn it. I need to get those stars. For Scott.

I get to Joel's empire.

Scott. I am here for Scott.

"Joel? I need to talk to you." I yell. Joel appears in front of me, sword drawn.

"What. Why are you here." He says

"Look. I don't want to be here either. I'm not here for you. I'm here for Scott. I need you to help me get two nether stars." I say, looking up at him.

"Scott? Why can't Scott come here? Why does he need two nether stars??" Joel asks, lowering his sword slightly.

"Scott has a deadly sickness and Shelby needs two nether stars to make the cure." I explain, choking back tears.

Joel sighs, "Fine. I will help you. This has nothing to do with our relationship. Also I expect free gun power for the next five times I need it. Deal?"

Scott. Think of Scott.

"Deal."