Chapter 3

{Time skip}

The greaser guy I met at Buck's place,Curly Shepard, told me to meet him and his gang for the drag races outside of the thrift shop. I stood outside after swiping a few things and smoking a cancer stick. I was supposed to race a Soc called Randy. I took a long drag of my smoke and slowly blew the smoke out. I heard steps from beside me. My hand went to my switch, but I saw it was just Curly and his outfit. I relaxed a bit.

"You ready, little Hood?" Curly asked. I smirked, then threw my cigarette on the ground and nodded.

"This broad is gonna win that race for us?" One of them scoffed.

"Yeh," Curly nodded. The guy stepped forward. I slowly put my hand to the switch in my pocket.

"Listen, broad, if you win this then you get to be one of us," He said, almost as if it was a huge honor, "But," He continued, "Your just our little pet." He stuck his finger in my face. I scowled.

"Get your finger outta my face or I'll bite it off," I sneered. The guy backed up a bit, "And I'm gonna win that race." I stated.

"Go easy, Tim." Curly led me down the street to where the races took place. It was getting dark now as we showed up at the races. I heard lots of people yelling and talking, cars revving and honking, I was hoping the fuzz wouldn't hear. As we walked I noticed the gang started to make a circle around me. I couldn't see anything.

"Hey," I said as they circled around me while still walking normally. I got 'shh'ed by someone and rolled my eyes. Then, we came to a stop. I could just barely see between the people.

"Curly, your...here," A guy said surprised. Curly lit a smoke and took a drag.

"You'd bett-a believe it, Soc-boy," Curly shot back.

"Aye, aye, we don't gotta go to name-calling now," The guy replied. "But, I thought your last racer got put in the cooler," Although I couldn't see him I knew he was smirking because of the way he sounded. Curly didn't seem fazed at all. He just blew his smoke into the guy's face and smiled evilly.

"Now!" A voice boomed over everyone, "Tonight we are havin' us a race! Whoever wins the this race gets to take on the champion! Who will challenge the Socs?" Everyone fell silent. I heard some people scoff and chuckle. I knew they were Socs, you can tell by the way they breath even. Just then, Curly stepped up.

"We challenge!" He announced. Everyone laughed.

"Curly, we all know you ain't gotta racer!" Someone shouted. The group shifted defensively.

"Oh, but we got ourselves a racer," Curly smirked. The group parted so I could be seen. Yet again, everyone laughed. I stepped forward and stood tall. My y/h/c blowing in the slight nighttime breeze.

"And who might you be, little lady," The Soc guy mocked.

"I'm y/n," I said proudly. Like I said before the Rogue Racers were a big gang who ruled, other people will have heard of us individually. I noticed a few people started to stare, they know who I am.

"What does that mean?" The Soc guy scoffed. Some people gasped. I turned to him and walked over. 

"You Randy?" Before he could respond I kept talking, "Ah, of course you are I mean with a name like that you gotta be lookin' stupid but you take it to whole new level.," I smirk and Randy's face got red. And he coughed awkwardly.

"So, who are ya, broad?" He sniffed. I looked up at him then back to everyone else.

"I'm a Rogue Racer, and I'm gonna kick your ass," I walked to Curly and he took me over to the car that I'd be racing in. Everyone was cheering and drinking. I got in the car and revved it up. Randy pulled up next to me. I looked over to him and he looked scared. Like he might shit his pants at any moment. I smirked and looked forward to the flag girl. She was barely wearing anything and you could see her whole chest as she raised the flag. I gripped the steering wheel. She went to throw her arm down when Randy took off. He jumped the gun.

Chase is the race.

I slammed my foot on the gas and sped off after him. He thinks he had the upper hand but Curly taught me all the little short cuts I could take for longer races. I pulled up behind Randy and hit his bumper just to let him know I was there. I went to pull to the left of him. But he rammed right into my car and I served onto a different street. Headlight showed in my eyes, I was in the way of on-coming traffic. I swerved out of the way and ran over some grass. I saw Randy's car ahead of me. I pushed the gas pedal all the way down and caught up to him. I pulled up left of him and he tried pushing me over again, I could see the finish lights.

Not this time.

I saw him swerve right to get momentum to destroy my car. I saw he had blind rage in his eyes. He then swerved left to make contact with me but I lifted my foot off the gas and hit the brakes. His car just missed mine and he rode right into the grass. I put the pedal to the metal and zoomed right past him. I crossed the finish line, I stopped the car and stepped out. The Shepard gang came over and picked me up, holding me in the air. And cheering, always cheering. They set me down and I saw Randy pull up. He got out and stalked right over to me. His hair was all messed up and he was pissed off.

"You little grease ball!" He sneered and grabbed my arm. I quickly grabbed my switch and flipped it open. I held it up to his neck and his eyes went wide. He backed away and he and his Soc pals got in their car and drove off. I turned back to the Shepherds.

"Where did a little broad like you get a switch like that?" Curly joked. I laughed and we collected the money from the bets. 

(Two bit's pov)

The gang and I went to the races because Soda was the champion. When we got there I started to complain about how one of my switches went missing.

"I'm pretty sure that broad behind the bar took it," I said and raised an eyebrow.

"Yeah, I mean why else would she want to get that close to you," Steve laughed. I smacked the back of his head and laughed.

No one wanted to step up to face the Soc. Until Curly Shepard spoke up. He said they wanted to race although their racer was stuck up in the cooler. Then, it was her. The chick behind the bar, she took my switch.

"T-thats her!" I exclaimed over the cheers for the brat.

"Dude, she is a Rogue Racer!" Soda said, he practically had drool running down his mouth. We all made fun of him.

When she raced, she won. I mean of course she won. After collecting the money she went and Curly went back to Buck's.