Chapter 5

(Curly's pov)

I talked to Pony about taking Y/n in after the race tonight, I love the little hood but my gang was just not the right fit. I knew everyone hated her and such. My gang was in bad trouble and she didn't need that. I don't know if last night, when we were drinking, has anything to do with this feeling but I have a feeling that something is gonna happen and I need y/n to be far away. So, I hope that Pony and his "gang" can take her.

(Y/n pov)

+++++Time skip [to race]++++++

We showed up at the races early when the underlings were racing. Curly went to talk to some strays so I went to take a look at the other cars.

"I heard you had quite the rager last night," I heard a deep, husky voice say from behind me. I whip around to see no other than Dallas Winston, he was very big in New York before he came to this dump. He had a cancer stick hanging from his lips. He smirked down to me.

"How did you hear 'bout that?" I ask, he ignores my question and leans down to me, he got in my face.

"You screwed up my paint job," He grabbed my hands and lifted them up so I could see my rings. I rolled my eyes, he sneered. "You owe me a paint job, broad." I opened my mouth to say something but movement caught my attention. I looked past Dallas and saw a boy, he was the same one who blocked me in at the DX. I smiled and pushed past Dallas. I could only imagine the look on his face, I greeted the boy.

"Hey, you were at the DX," I smiled, as did he.

"We've met b-before," He whispered, he looked at me through his bangs. I studied his face, and walked closer to get a better look. The kid raised his head as I moved closer, I lifted my hand and moved his bangs. The boy flinched a little when I touched him, I saw his eyes, dark and wide. Boy, was he hot.

"You were the stray," I chuckled and lowered my hand. He smiled and nodded.

"I-I'm not a stray exactly," He nodded towards Dallas who had moved back over to a few other boys. "My names Johnny," He said.

"Y/n," I responded. He shook my hand and laughed. Johnny was about to say something but then the big race began.

I closed the door to my car and revved it up. I saw Curtis pull up next to me. I glanced over at him when he revved, to be honest I was super nervous. I gripped the wheel tight and moved forward in my seat. The flag girl walked up. She raised the flag, I glanced up in the rear-view mirror and saw The Shepards gang glaring at me. I saw her drop the flag and I slammed the gas. Our cars took off and I could see Soda right next to me. I looked over at him and he too, surprisingly, looked nervous. He looked at me and winked, I winked back and we kept racing. First I was ahead, then he was, then I was, then... then... it's too close. I put the pedal to the metal and crossed the finish line. I opened the door, to only get dragged out by my shirt collar. I came face-to-face with Danial, he was a friend of Curly's and didn't like me.

"YOU SAID YOU WERE GONNA WIN!" He screamed. I guess I lost. He shook me.He shook me hard. "YA, STUPID, DUMBASS, SHITHEAD, BROAD!!!!!"

"Hey, man, cool it," I hear a voice, I look over my shoulder and see Soda stepping out of his car. Dan threw me to the ground and I landed in mud. I muttered an 'ow'.

"Shut it! This is our gang so screw off!" Dan yelled. He turned to me and went to kick me but Curly ran over.

"Whoa! Whats goin' on?!" He asked. Danial was about to reply but sirens cut him off. They were cop sirens.

"Damn it," Curly cursed under his breath. Suddenly everyone was running everywhere. Curly grabbed my collar and shoved me into my car and slammed the door shut. He went to the passenger side door and opened it but stopped before he got it.

"Get in!!" I demanded. But he looked at me then back up.

"Get far away from here, Don't come back!" He yelled and shut the door. I saw him run towards the sounds.

Damn it Curly!!

I went to take off when I saw Johnny running about, looking like a lost dog. I rolled down my window and yelled out.

"Johnny!!" He turns to me, "Get in, idiot!" He cracks a grin and runs over to my car. I see someone else run to us. Ponyboy I think his name is. Johnny shoves Pony in the back and sits down in the passenger seat. I slam on the gas and drive away.

"Do you have a license?" Pony asked from the back.

"Hell no!" I smirk at him through the rear view mirror.