Chapter 6

I can't believe that Curly did that.

I pull up to the park and stop the car. We all step out and walk around. Ponyboy and Johnny started to climb up the monkey bars and sit up top. I stopped for a second and looked out from where we came from.

Why didn't Curly get in the car?

Why would he go towards the fuzz?

What am I gonna do now?

"You comin' up y/n?" I hear Johnny ask. I turn to him and nod, I climb up and sit next to them.

"Ya know, Curly is a tuff guy," Pony said. I nodded again.

"Why'd you folks name ya Ponyboy?" I asked trying to change the subject. I really didn't wanna talk about Curly. I don't wanna think 'bout what could happen to him. I didn't wanna think that he could get hurt from the fuzz or that he would go back to the cooler and get hurt there or that-

"They were creative people, I guess," He shrugs.

"It's a nice name," I say. He continues to talk about random things. I tell them about my old gang, they tell me about life here. Johnny was quiet but nice, he was cute. I felt safe with him. Suddenly, I hear a noise. A low rumble. It was a car. I turned around to see a Mustang circling the park.

"Ah shit," I mutter. Socs were bad news.

"Just stay calm," Pony says, ''I think more to Johnny than me but still. The Socs pulled up to us and stepped out. I counted six Socs. I didn't know how they fit all those guys in that car. I saw Randy, the one I beat in the race. I smelt alcohol in the breeze.

This is not gonna go well.

"Ah, you're the greaseball that beat Randy," One of them slurred. I slowly stepped off the bars to try and keep their attention on me. I heard the quiet protests of the others but I ignored them.

"Yeh, I beat him," I stood in front of them, "Easily," I added. Randy growled. The leader, I think, stepped forward.

"Watch your mouth grease!" He pointed a finger in my face.

"Boy, get your finger outta my face," I said coolly. The leader looked shaken from my attitude. He then smirked.

"Y'all know what greasers are?" He asked his cult of imbeciles. They all chuckled. "White trash with long hair," He smirked. I sneered as they all laughed and walked closer to me.

"Hey, ya know what Socs are?" I hear a familiar voice say. I turn to look at Ponyboy. We stay silent. "White trash with Mustangs and Madras." He said. I turned to see the Socs red with fury. I spit on the leader's shoes. Probably a bad move on my part. He reached for me but I took off, grabbing Pony and Johnny along the way. We got to the center of the park when they caught us. A few grabbed Ponyboy and tried to dunk him in the fountain. Johnny and I went to help Pony out but the leader grabbed me and pushed Johnny away. He put me in a choke-hold.

"My name is Bob, greaser," He sneered as if I really cared.

"Don't mess up the Rogue Racer too badly, she always wins," Randy said sarcastically. Bob loosened his grip on me but I still couldn't get free.

"You... are a Rogue Racer, I knew one of thems a little back," I struggled to get away, "Yeah, he was tall, dark eyes..." 

This couldn't be...

"...He had purple hair..."

James...!

"He wasn't easy to take down but he just kept yellin' about some broad and how she needed him, I just had to shut him up," Bob laughed evilly. He killed James, the only one I ever cared about before Tulsa. I pretended to go limp. Bob let go of me and shoved me into someone else. When I opened my eyes I saw that I landed on Johnny. He eyes were full of worry and fear.

Suddenly, Pony's screams were heard. I jumped up and ran over to the Socs.

Bob killed James, MY James! MY family! I won't let him kill anyone else.

I felt the switch I stole and flipped it out. I grabbed Bob's collar and turned him to me, his eyes met with the shine of my blade. He looked scared, but so was James. I found him bleeding out in the streets. He died in my arms.

"His name was James!" I yelled and jumped at Bob, letting the blade enter his body. He didn't even scream. Bob dropped to the floor and I turned to the other Socs. Their jaws dropped to the floor. They ran and drove off. I pulled Pony out of the fountain. He gasped for air and Johnny walked up to us.

"Y-you killed him," Johnny whimpered. I felt bad for scaring him. He is just a little puppy.

"I think I'm gonna be sick," Pony said.

"Go ahead, we won't look," I said as I cleaned the blood off my switch. Pony ran off and threw up in the grass. Johnny had his eyes wide.

"Listen, he was gonna kill Pony, then you, then me!" I explained, as Pony stumbled back to us.

"We hafta get outta here," Johnny said, trying not to look at Bob's body. I knew exactly where to go. Buck's.