seventeen

As i was grabbing my shirt out of my dresser there was a knock on the door. "come in."

I looked to see Conrad standing in front of my door. I stared at him with no expression, Im not sure what he wants.

"I need to get out the house so i'm going to drive around, you wanna come?" he asked, resting his hand on the back of his neck. He looked nervous.

"uh, yeah sure." i said surprised. He never invited me to do things with him.

He nodded and stood there. I put my t shirt on over my swim suit and followed him downstairs. He grabbed the keys and opened the front door. We walked out and got into the car.

I sat and stared out the window, every so often looking over at conrad driving. He looked so tense, he didn't take his focus off the road at all.

"i'm sorry you and nicole broke up." I broke the silence.

He sighed, "don't be. i'm not."

I looked at him and nodded. I didn't want to say anything to upset him. "hey we should go get cheese burgers, i haven't eaten all day anyways." Those were his favorite.

He looked over at me and smiled. We went through the drive through of Mcdonald's and got a few cheese burgers and 2 bottles of coke. We were eating and scanning through the radio stations when i heard the theme song to big time rush playing.

"oh my god, i haven't heard this in ages." i laughed.

"No no we are not listening to this." he said all smiley.

"this show was your shit conrad come on!"

He laughed as i turned up the music. I started to sing along to it just to annoy him. "it's the only life we've got so we gotta live it big time!"

"hey hey, give it all you got now! hey hey, isn't it a rush!"I was jamming out to the nostalgic song and as i looked over to him he started singing too.

We screamed along to the song for the next few minutes. The song ended and we laughed because we were so out of breath from screaming.

We started reminiscing about when we were kids. At one point i laughed so hard i started to cough, he thought that this was hilarious.

The conrad that was sitting next to me was the conrad I wanted to hang out with this summer. He was finally acting like himself.

I noticed that his mood shifted. A few minutes earlier he was the happiest i've ever seen him, but now he had a sad look on his face.

"Con are you okay?" i asked concerned. "pull over for a second." He did as i said and pulled to the side of the road. "Conrad what's wrong?" I asked again.

"vic i'm sorry for being so shitty all summer."

I turned to him and furrowed my brows, "don't be. You're dealing with a lot right now, it's ok. i understand."

"No, it's not okay. I shouldn't have pushed you away like i did. i just didn't know what else to do. I had no idea if you would want to talk to me again after what happened last summer." He looked down embarrassed.

"Of course i want to talk to you, you're my best friend. I'd be stupid if i stoped talking to you." He looked up at me.

"Even though we haven't been getting along, you'll always be my best friend. Anything you want or need to say to me, you can."

He nodded. "I um, i broke up with nicole because of you."

I looked at him confused. "what?"

"I broke up with her because i didn't like her. I tried so hard to like her, but i liked you. Vic, it's always been you." he breathed out.

I was in shock. My first love, conrad fisher just confessed that he likes me. I smiled. "why didn't you tell me? you know i've had the biggest crush on you since we were 10."

"i know it's so stupid, i just thought that if he had something, i'd fuck it up. I couldn't do that. Vic, i can't lose you too." He reached his hand to cup my face.

I looked him in the eyes. "You won't con, i promise." I started to lean in closer and soon our faces were centimeters apart. He moved the hair that was dangling in front of my face to behind my ear.

"is this happening right now?" i asked still looking into his eyes. He smiled, then kissed me. His lips were soft. He kissed me slow, unlike Adam did. He took his time. Normally i'd be nervous about making out with someone i really like, but since it was Conrad, i wasn't nervous at all.

I climbed over the center of the car and placed myself on top of him. "is this okay?" i asked making sure he was comfortable.

He nodded and kissed me again, this time more aggressive. His hands were gripped onto my waist, i could feel the coldness of his rings on my skin. I ran my hands through his hair and occasionally cupped the side of his face with my hand.

"Vic-" he got cut off by my phone going off. damn it

i sighed as he rolled his eyes. I pulled my phone out of my back pocket and looked at the name. "shit it's my mom."

i climbed back over into the passenger seat and answered it. "hello?"

"Victoria where are you? it's almost 1 am. Do you know where conrad is?" she asked concerned.

"Mom we're fine, we just went to go get food."

"Oh good. Susannah and i were worried. Make sure you get back soon. It's late."

"We'll be home in a few, we're on our way back." I motioned to conrad to start the car. Luckily we weren't far from the house. He started the car and started driving.

"Okay." My mom said as she hung up.

"i totally thought she was gonna yell at me." i said. "maybe it's because you're with me."

"Maybe." he said smiling. He then took his hand off the steering wheel and placed it on my thigh. This gave me butterflies, though i tried to hide them.

We arrived home and snuck through the door. The others must have been asleep because the house was dead. We walked upstairs to our rooms that were right next to each other.

We stopped in front of my door, "you know, we could have a sleepover, like we used too. Except this time you don't have to sleep on the floor." i suggested.

He smiled. "We could."

"I'm gonna change and go to the bathroom but you can get in bed if you'd like." i said as i grabbed a tank top and shorts out of my dresser. He walked over to my bed and took off his shirt.

After i had changed in the bathroom i walked back in and saw conrad lying in my bed under the covers. I climbed in and laid slightly on top of him, wrapping my arm around him. He wrapped his arms around my body and placed a kiss on my forehead.

"I missed you connie." i said quietly.

"i missed you too." he whispered.