eighteen

I woke up in my bed to find that conrad had already gotten up. I checked my phone and realized that today was the day of the deb ball. I groaned and rolled out of bed to start getting ready.

After i showered and put on makeup I went down stairs to meet everyone else.

"Morning V." Jere greeted me with a smile. I smiled back.

I glanced out the back door to see conrad out on the dock, so i headed out to go see him. I walked down to the dock and sat next to him. "Hi."

"hey good morning." He smiled. "i uh got up early this morning to go get some of the good muffins." he said handing me the box.

I smiled, "thanks con." I grabbed one and started to eat it. I finished about half of it, feeling too full to eat the rest of it. I placed it back in the box and placed my head on Conrad's shoulder. He then rested his head on top of mine.

"I can't believe that summer's almost over and we're going to college soon." He said.

"I know, it's crazy." I said as i lifted my head back up to look at him. "But, it's not over yet. We still have a few days left."

He gave me a small smile then placed his lips onto mine. He gave me a quick kiss before i got up to go inside. He stood up too and grabbed my hand as i was turning around.

"You know what today is right?" He asked.

"uh. the deb?" i asked confused.

"yeah. i want to take you," he smiled, "i know you want to watch belly, and you don't need a date since you aren't a deb, but i think we should go together."

I looked at him in awe. "oh my God. Conrad are you serious?"

He nodded. "Is that okay?"

"yes yes of course that's okay!" I said as i wrapped my arms around him, he did the same. I hugged him for a second then dropped my arms and looked at him and smiled. "I'm gonna go run some errands but i'll see you later tonight."

"Okay."

———————————————————————————
I drove down to the shops to look for a dress for tonight. I know that i don't need a really fancy one, but it's a special occasion, and i want to look good because i'm going with conrad.

I walked through so many stores but couldn't find the right dress. I went into the last shop not hopeful, but then i saw it. It was perfect. It was a short emerald green silk dress. I took it off the rack and tried it on.

To my surprise it fit perfectly, hugging my curves in the right places. This was the one. I really liked it, and i hoped that conrad would like it too.

After I payed for the dress, I went into a hair salon to get my hair redone. I had previously had blondish hair, unlike belly and steven. For some odd reason I got more of my dads genes instead of my moms. After being out of the hospital and making new friends i decided to dye my hair a super dark brown because i thought that it would look good.

But my roots had started to grow out a bit, so i felt that it was necessary to have it done before the ball. I was letting my hair sit in the salon when i got a text from conrad.

conrad

Can i see your dress?

not yet:)

Ugh okay. You're no fun.

I smiled to myself. A while passed until i was done with my hair and needed to head back home so i could start getting ready.

I got home and went upstairs as quickly as i could so conrad couldn't see my dress or my newly dyed hair. I had about an hour and a half to get ready. I had the woman at the salon curl my hair so i only need to do my makeup.

After my makeup I put on my dress and took a few pictures before calling conrad up. I wanted him to see my dress first.

"Conrad, can you come up here? I'm ready." I called down the stairs. I didn't hear a response. A few seconds later, Conrad opened the door. He was in his black and white tux.

"Hi." i said shyly.

"hey." he said quietly. All he could do was stare at me.

"Do I really look that bad?" I said concerned.

He walked towards me and placed his hands on my waist. "No of course not, you look- you look amazing."

I smiled in embarrassment. "Thanks. You look pretty good yourself."

"You ready?" He asked.

"I hope so." I sighed.

"You know if anything happens, or you feel uncomfortable, we can leave. Okay?"

"Yeah, I know." I smiled as i took his hand to start walking downstairs.

We climbed in the car along with Jere, steven, my mom, and susannah and headed to the deb ball.