nineteen

We pulled into the parking lot of the country club where the deb was being held. The boys got out of the car first, steven headed towards my moms side of the car, jere to susannah's side, and conrad to my side. 

Conrad opened my door and stuck his hand out for me to hold. I smiled at him and climbed out of the car. We all walked towards the entrance and steven gave the keys to the men at the front entrance.

We headed inside and found our table. We all had little name tags showing where we sat. Conrad and I had seats right next to each other, which made me happy. I looked over to see my mother over at the drink table with my father and cleveland.

Susannah was talking with a few of the other women there and steven and jere were getting ready with all the other escorts. "I'm so excited to see belly." I said.

Conrad smiled at me, "I'm excited to watch jere and steven during the escort dance."

I laughed. "That'll be a show."

I was listening to everyone else's conversation when i looked over to conrad who seemed to not have any interest in the conversation. I looked in the direction he was looking in and saw nicole. She looked nice.

before i knew it a woman asked us to start getting seated. She started to announce names as the girls and their escorts started to walk out.

Then she called belly and Cams names. I watched as they both walked down the stairs and got their pictures taken. Belly looked so gorgeous. Cam complimented her so well, they were so cute.

All of the other couples were introduced including Steven and Shayla, and Jere and Gigi. They gave everyone a few minutes to visit. "I'll be right back." Conrad said as he got up from the table and walked towards the bathroom.

I tried to listen to the others conversation but couldn't focus, out of the corner of my eye, i watched as nicole walked over to conrad who was talking to some of the other escorts. They started to talk, Conrad laughed. I watched in shock as nicole put her hands on his biceps and started to feel him up as she laughed.

He looked like he enjoyed it. Then they announced that the escort dance was going to start soon. Conrad started to walk back to the table, i quickly tore my eyes away from where he was and acted like i was having a conversation with my dad and Cleveland.

The escort dance started and i tried to take my mind off of what was happening, maybe he was just being friendly. I watched Jere and Steven have the time of their lives on the dance floor, it made me laugh.

After the dance was over i got up to use the restroom. I walked into a stall and sat down. Soon after a group of girls walked into the bathroom. They started to talk, i recognized one's voice. Nicole.

"yeah can you believe he brought her? i totally thought he was gonna ask me." she started.

"Don't worry babe, his mom probably told him to go with her because she couldn't find a date, again."

"Yeah i guess that's it, we're not technically even broken up." Nicole spat. "He said that we should take it easy until she left to go back home."

I listened in shock. Tears formed in my eyes. They soon dripped down my face. I listened as they continued to laugh and talk about me. Then they left.

I wiped my face with toilet paper and left the stall. I entered the ballroom again. I needed to find jere. I found him in the corner talking with cam.

Jere's Pov -

I looked over and saw Vic walking towards me. I turned to her, "Hey v, what's up?" I smiled at her, then saw the dried tear stains on her face. "woah what's wrong?"

"Im really sorry, I need to go home." she choked.

"Right now?" I asked. She nodded. "What's wrong?"

"Conrad's still with nicole." Tears started to fall from her face again. I looked back over my shoulder to look at conrad and nicole flirting by the drink table. "I don't want to stay anymore."

I looked at her with a upset stare and put my hand on her back. "Go get in the car, I'll go tell my mom that i'm taking you home."

She nodded and walked out into the hall, outside into the parking lot. I walked over to the table my mom was sitting at and told her that i was taking her home.

"Wait what? is she okay?" she asked concerned.

"Well considering that her date is all over his ex tonight, I don't think she's okay." I answered. She then looked over to where conrad was. He was still at the table with nicole, but now he was spinning her around, pretending to dance.

"Take her home jere. I'll talk to him."

"No mom, I got it." I said as i turned away to walk out the doors. I walked past the table, conrad noticed that i was leaving. He walked over to me.

"Hey man, have you seen Vic? Also where are you going, it's not over yet?" he asked.

"Come on conrad, don't act like you care where Vic is." I spat.

He looked at me confused, "what the hell are you talking about Jere?"

"You we're too busy spending all night flirting with Nicole to even realize that she was upset." He looked at me softening his expression. "You lied that night in the hot tub, why'd you even take Vic tonight if you're still with nicole?" I asked angrily.

"Jere I can explain-"

"Save it." I turned away and walked out. I walked fast towards the car and got in. Vic was still crying. "don't waste your tears on that asshole."

I then continued to drive her home. When we got home we walked inside and she wrapped her arms around me. "i'm so sorry V. If i knew, i would have told you." I hugged her back as she sobbed into my chest.

"I know." She choked out.

He soon arrived at the table