twenty-two

I woke up to the feeling of a salty breeze brush my face. My eyes stung, dry and red from last night. I looked out into the distance to see people surfing. I often thought about surfing, considering that i used to do it a lot when i was younger here in cousins.

Conrad and Jere taught me how to surf when we were 13, but i always felt embarrassed because I felt too big to surf. As if i would sink it when i tried to stand. That lead me to quit. I hadn't surfed in 4 years.

I needed a break from everything, and if that meant doing something that i haven't done in years... so be it. I gathered my self together and walked back up to the house. I crept inside and went up to my room to grab my stuff. I changed into a dark green bikini and grabbed my old wetsuit out of my closet, praying that it would still fit.

To my surprise, it was big on me now. The ends were a lot short because i had gotten taller, but there was extra waist room. I put my phone on the charger and headed back down stairs.

"Where are you off too?" Someone asked.

I jumped and looked to see who had just startled me, Susannah. Great.

"Uh surfing." i sighed.

"Wow, you haven't done that in ages." She said surprised. "Conrad's getting released later this evening, we were gonna go out to dinner. He feels much better. Would you want to join us."

I looked down, "i think i'm gonna pass." I looked back at her to see her disappointed, little did she know that i was the disappointed one. She gave me a reassuring nod and told me to be safe.

I soon got my board and headed back down to the beach. I stood at the edge of the water for a second and contemplated what i was about to do. Not to be dramatic but, what if i drowned? Fuck it.

I entered the water and paddled out. I went over a few waves and soon felt good enough to stand back up. Oh my God, I thought to myself. I'm actually doing it.

At this very moment, i felt so good. The only thing i focused on was staying standing. I didn't think of anything else.

A while passed and the sun had started setting, it couldn't hurt to stay out a little longer. Soon a little longer turned into another hour. It was dark, i decided that it was best to go back. Just in case something happened.

I walked back up to the house and got in the shower. I rinsed off for a while, dreading the thought of having to go inside. I dried off and walked into the kitchen, pouring myself a glass of water. I heard a commotion going on over by the stairs.

I glanced over to see jere, steven, and conrad rough housing.

"Be careful boys, he just got out of the hospital." My mom lectured.

I watched them laugh as they walked out of the door. They all got into the car and drove off. I sighed. I would do anything for conrad to forgive me, but i was mad too. First he's trying to fix all the shit going on between us, but then he almost dies and all the sudden hates me. What the fuck?

I decided that it would be a good time to start packing my stuff up, we only had 2 more nights here in cousins before we have to go back. Before i start college. I put most my clothes back in my suitcase and tidied up my room.

Time passed quick. I walked over to my desk and started to pick up some of the things on it when i heard my door creak open.

"We missed you at dinner." a familiar voice said.

I sighed. "Thats funny." I was still turned to face my desk.

"How?" He laughed.

"I mean you didn't want me to see you after you almost died, why would you want me to bother you at dinner?" I was annoyed.

"Come on Vic, you don't understand. I was upset okay, i'm sorry."

I began to get teary, i turned around to face him.

"Yeah you're right, i don't understand conrad. You mess up whatever we had at the ball, then you try to apologize for it, then go get in an accident and you all the sudden don't want to see me? I really don't understand that." I walked closer to him and put my finger on his chest while i lectured him.

I started to break down even more. "I know that you're going through so much shit Conrad, I know. I'm sorry that this is happening, but it doesn't give you the right to treat me like shit all the sudden! And for you to say that you don't want to see me, after you acted like you liked me, that's fucked up. All i wanted to do yesterday was make sure that you were all right, but we couldn't even do that!" At this point i was balling. He was just staring down at me. "All i want is for you to be okay, because i love you. I love you, conrad fisher!"

I finally took a breath and looked at him. Say something, i thought. I started to become hopeless as he stood there silent. I shook my head and started to turn back around when he grabbed my wrist.

He pulled me close and raised his hand to tuck a piece of my hair out of my face. Then he took his thumb and wiped my tears that dripped from my eye. He leaned in and placed his soft lips onto mine. He kissed me for what felt like forever. At first i didn't kiss him back, but he got more reluctant and placed his other hand on my waist, pulling my tighter against him. I gave in and kissed him back, but not for long. I was still so pissed off.

"what are we doing conrad?" i asked upset.

"I need you Vic, i need you more than anything right now." he confessed. "I love you Victoria, i always have, okay! I'm sorry that i haven't shown it, but i do."

I wrapped my arms around him and buried my head into his chest, i could feel his heart pounding. We stayed like this for a while. He then planted a kiss on my forehead as he held me.

Later, we climbed into his bed and fell asleep, still holding each other.

That was it. I had my conrad back, for good this time.

THE END!!!
ahhhh i hope that the ending was sorta satisfying...
i can't wait for season 2.... dramaaaaaa 🤭
thank you for reading!! i love you all