twenty

Jere wanted to stay home to make sure that i was okay, but i wanted him to go back and dance with Gigi. I didn't want to be the reason why her night was ruined.

After he left I cried so hard that most of my mascara was running down my face. I changed out of my dress and put on a shirt and some sweat pants. While i wiped the mascara off my face, i noticed that my eyes were red and puffy. Great.

I walked down to the beach and sat. I pulled out a joint that i had packed, just in case i really needed it, and trust me. I needed it. I sat and thought about conrad. Even though i shouldn't, i couldn't help myself. What did i do wrong? I thought he liked me.

Hearing the waves crash onto the shore was a comforting sound. I stared out into the darkness, every so often taking a hit of the joint in my hand.

"Victoria."

I heard my name in the distance. I knew who it was immediately, i didn't turn around to answer. I continued to stare out into the ocean.

Then the voice got louder, and more demanding. "Victoria!" I rolled my eyes. He walked over closer, soon he was standing right next to me. I sighed and stood up.

"i was just going inside." I sighed as i tried to make my way past him.

He grabbed my arm, "Victoria please, wait."

I then turned to look him in the eyes, tears forming in mine. "I'm sorry about tonight, okay? I didn't think you'd be so insecure about me talking to Nicole."

That pissed me off. "Insecure? Yeah of course i'm going to be insecure! I thought that when you asked me to go with you, you actually wanted to take me? Then i'm in the bathroom listening to nicole and she's saying that you're still together! Are you still fucking Nicole?"

His emotion softened. He opened his mouth but when he tried to say something, he couldn't. No answer, i guess i'm right. Tears started to slowly fall from his eyes. I wanted to feel bad, but right now i can't.

I nodded, "you want the best of both worlds conrad, but you can't have them. You have to chose one," i watched as he wiped away tears with his other hand, "Why don't you go cry to nicole. She'll wipe your tears for you."

Ouch.

I stormed away, trying not to cry. I walked back to the house and opened the door to go inside. I saw susannah sitting on the couch. "Hi vic."

"Hi" i breathed out.

"Jere told me, are you okay?" she asked.

I looked down and shook my head. She held her arms out and i walked to her, she embraced me and held me tight. I cried into her chest for what felt like forever.

"I'm so sorry love, i tried to talk to him, but i promise he really does care. He's always cared."

I went up to my room and sat against the door. After a while o pulled out my phone, a text from conrad filled the screen.

"I'm going for a drive, please come with me. I really need to talk to you." -9:30

I read it. I didn't respond either. I couldn't right now.

———————————————————————————

I laid in my bed staring at the ceiling, the time read 1:20 am. Something felt off, everyone was asleep. I had a bad feeling in my stomach, but i couldn't figure out why.

I went downstairs to get something to drink, maybe that would help? I poured myself some water and walked over to the fridge. I opened the door and looked for something to eat, i noticed that the spot where we normally kept a stash off beers was empty.

Conrad must have took them. I wondered if he was back yet. I walked to his room and knocked on the door, no answer. I knocked again, "conrad?" No answer. I opened the door and saw that his bed was empty.

I jogged back downstairs and opened the front door, his car wasn't in the driveway. why would he be gone for so long. I started to panic, maybe he went to a friends?

I pulled my phone out of my pocket and called him. His phone rang, then his voicemail came on. "Come on con, answer." i spat.

I called again, he didn't answer. I guess he fell asleep at a friends. I set my phone on the table and went back to sitting, drinking my water. I sat patiently for something to happen, hoping i'd get tired, but i wasn't.

Then my phone rang, Conrad's name popped up on my phone. I answered, "Conrad, where are you? it's 2 am."

"Hello, is this Victoria?" a woman asked.

"Yes?" i asked confused. "Who is this, where's conrad?"

"This is Doctor Swift, Conrad's been injured in a car accident, is a parent there that i can talk to?" she spoke.

My heart dropped. I started to breathe heavily, "what do you mean car accident, is he okay?"

"Ma'am i can't disclose that information unless you're his guardian."

"Where is he right now?" i asked concerned.

"Cousins Main Hospital."

"Oh god." I cried.

I ran up to susannah's room, she was sleeping. "Susannah!" I shook her awake as i cried.

She sat up and realized that i was upset. "Vic what's wrong?"

"Conrad's been in a car accident, he's in the hospital!" i cried more.

———————————————————————————

A/N- i'm sorry for taking so long to update!!! also i'm sorry about the ending of this chapter....