Im Waking Up

Jin awoke again in the bright room. There was no pain in his chest anymore as he moved. He could breathe again which he was thankful for. He soon shot up when he remembered all the details. Remembered Taehyung with the broken bottle in hand going after his father. The anger in his eyes when Jin tried to stop him then the pain. Like pain on another level. Feeling like he couldn't breathe. He looked at his phone to the same date

April 11

He had begun to hate that date. Every time he saw it his heart dropped. He couldn't do this for much longer; he could feel it. It was draining to know he couldn't save his friends. The people he had spent so much time with. He needed something, a break, a miracle, something, anything. Then suddenly a knock on the door. Then another quick three knocks.

He got up and opened the door. Taehyung stood there with teary eyes. Jin looked at him in surprise. Tae was breathing heavily like he had run a far distance.

"Tae wha..." He said but tae stopped him and started hugging him tight.

"You're alive" he said through a sob, "like actually alive".

"What are you talking about Taehyung?" Jin asked trying to sound oblivious.

Taehyung looked at him and stood straight. His eyes were red from tears as he blinked a couple times.

"Seokjin I stabbed you" he said, "do you not remember? God i hope you don't remember".

Jin gripped his chest slightly. He remembered when the bottle had pierced his skin. The way he felt his breath leave him. He had not experienced anything that physically painful in his life. He looked thoughtfully at Tae who winced and looked down.

"I'm sorry.... I'm so sorry I was..." Tae started.

"You were going to kill your father... then the day would start again" Jin said and laid a hand on taes shoulder, "that's why I stepped in front of you".

"He was about to hit my sister. I couldn't let him do that" Tae said angrily.

"I know, i'm not blaming you" jin said, "I would never do that"

"But I stabbed you, you should blame me," Tae said and sobbed again, "I held you while you died. You weren't even angry, You said sorry. it was me who...".

"Tae breathe," Jin said .

Tae sucked in a staggered breath and Jin took the time to look at him closely. There was a bruise on his cheek when he looked closely. Along with what looked like a bloody cut along his cheek.

"Tae" Jin said, mirroring where the wound was on his own face.

"Yeah..." Tae said, "it's getting worse. Everyday.... And that day or... I guess today I snapped. It was always bad but when mom died... He became a different person. A violent drunk and I started to hate him. Because he would hit my sister, even when I begged him to hit me and not her. We both still got beat. Always protecting each other. Like some sick game of 'who's pleading for the other's life today'".

"Tae...." Jin said in a soft tone.

"The messed up part is... I love the bastard" he said, he chuckled and crossed his arms, "and I hate him".

"I understand," Jin said and pulled Tae into the room. He shut the door as tae sat on the floor.

Jin joined him sitting cross legged across from him. He smiled sympathetically at Taehyung. Emotionally, he knew the guilt he was going through. Jin knew what he was getting himself into when he jumped infront of Taehyung. It was a rush of adrenalin to jump in front of him. Maybe he shouldn't have done something that rash but if he hadn't, Taehyung would have killed his father. Then time would revert back to April 11, the day from hell.

"What's happening?" Tae asked, looking at Jin with pleading eyes, "why is this happening?".

"We're gonna die" Jin said and sighed, "but I can stop it. I have to stop it or ill be stuck in this day forever".

"Not by yourself you can't," Tae said, "you can't save 6 men by yourself".

"No one would believe me '' Jin said more hopeless than he meant to, "I'm stuck in some kind of messed up groundhog day and it keeps getting worse. I always see us die".

"Us," Tae said, "Always just us?"

"Namjoons in prison... Jungkook falls off a building. Jimin dies in a hospital and so does hoseok. Yoongi dies in a fire" him said and looked towred the bright window, "your always arrested for your fathers murder".

"I just... I don't understand how we get out of this" Tae said, "Hell, this is the first time I remember anything".

"Me either," Jin said and hung his head, "there was a time I had to pull yoongi out of a fire. And he kept screaming that he wanted to go back. God, you should see jimin... His parents are getting way too extreme".

"What about you?" Tae said then quietly said, "how do you usually die or... do you die?"

"I only ever died when yo... This last time" Jin said fixing his words, "I thought it would be over once I was dead, but I just woke up here again... with you knocking on the door".

Taehyhng nodded and went quiet. Jin waited for him to speak but he didn't for quite a while. Jin fixed his gaze on the bruise again. It made his blood boil seeing taehyung hurt by the man who's supposed to protect him.

"What if we're not meant to survive?" Tae asked, "I mean think about it. We're messing with fate here. The reason we keep dying is cause we're supposed to".

"You're only 17 Taehyung" Jin said standing, "Heaven forbid we remember how old Jungkook is".

"15" Tae mumbled.

"Cmon," Jin said, pulling him up, "let's go".

"Where are we going?" Tae said.

"To save our friends" Jin said simply, opening the door and closing it, leaving his phone on the bed still reading April 11.

1 notification
Jin goodbye
Yoongi