The Fear of Falling Apart

Jungkook shot up in his bed shaking with fear. His phone buzzed as he tried to comprehend what happened. What the hell just happened?

Jimin had gone on a freaking killing spree. Park Jimin, the kindest and most gentle man he's ever met in his life. A man who was so frail looking, he didnt think he could walk at time.

Wait. He realized, what he was thinking was totally flawed. Anyone can kill if they're provoked.

Jimin had probably snapped. Well then how the hell was he going to stop Jimin from killing people?

Jungkook finally snapped out of it. He looked to his side table where his phone sat on the charger. He picked it up and answered it.

"Hello is this Jeon Jungkook?" said a female voice.

Jungkook was still too stunned to answer.

"Hello?" the woman said again.

"Hmm" jungkook said.

"I have a friend of yours here. Your marked down as the emergency contact. Apparently you're his brother. So he would be jeon seokjin? Is that correct" she asked.

"No.... his name is Kim Seokjin...." Jungkook said.

There was silence before she spoke a little softer, "How old are you sir?".

"I'm 18" he lied.

"Well if you'd like to come down to the hospital... he's here receiving medical care. It would be better to tell you what happened to him when you arrive" she said.

"I'll be there" jungkook said.

He put his phone back on the stand and layed back again.

***

Hoseok awoke early morning. He was disoriented as he looked at his phone. He felt as if he were reeling from something. He couldn't remember what had happened.

He remembered white pain in his abdomen. He sat up and looked down at his stomach. Nothing.

Then he remembered Jin was back from America. He could probably call him to feel a little better. Maybe even have a reason to fall asleep.

He pressed jins number and waited patiently as it rings. From the start he could tell something was wrong. In the background he swore he heard somethings. Like a weird form of static, but it was breaking glass

"Hey Hobi what's up" Jin said, "im on the road right now. Sorry if I cut off"

"Hobi?" Hoseok questioned, "its Hoseok Seokjin".

"Yeah that's why.... why are you calling me by my full name? We've been friends for almost eight years, J Hope" Jin said.

Did that name mean anything to him?

"J Hope" Hoseok questioned, "what kind of a name is that".

"Hoseok what are you blabbering about? Hey since you called when are we going for dance practice? I texted Jimin but he didn't awsner" Jin said.

"Jin... are you okay?" hoseok asked and the static sound got louder.

"I'm fine" though he couldn't tell what he had said. The static made it sound like something else. Like he said 'save me',, "I gotta go Hoseok. Talk to you later bye".

"Bye" hoseok said and threw his phone to his side.

A knock sounded on the door. It startled him before he realized it was only his sister. She was probably knocking to get him up for breakfast.

"Hoseok wake up. Your breakfast is getting cold" he heard his sister say.

Finally after more confusion and thought he stood and walked out of his room looking around as if he was on another planet.

He was trying hard to remember something. Was it something that happened yesterday. No it couldn't be. It couldn't be today, he didn't even start the day yet.

"You gonna put a shirt on you weirdo?" Ji-Woo asked.

"Hmm" hoseok said startled by her question.

"Shirt. Hoseok are you okay?" She asked.

"Mhm" he responded looking at the table.

"Jesus hoseok are you even all there" Ji-Woo asked snapping her fingers in his face.

"I'm fine... I-i just had a weird as hell dream" Hoseok said.

"Well stop acting so weird. Youre scaring me" she said.

"Sorry" Hoseok said.

"My job called. I'm gonna be working a late shift. There's left over kimchi in the fridge" Ji-Woo said, "are you sure you're okay. You're so pale".

"I'm fine" he said.

"Tell me you didn't stay up playing video games" she said.

"I'm 19, I was studying" Hoseok said.

"I gotta go. Look I don't like leaving when you're like this. Are you sure your okay? The doctor said you could go anytime" Ji-Woo said.

"No!" Hoseok said sharply, "im fine just... I'm just a bit shaken".

With that Ji-Woo nodded and walked out of the apartment hesitantly. He hated worrying her but something wasn't right. Something was terribly wrong and he couldn't figure out what it was.

That's when his phone ringed and he received the News that Seokjin had been in an accident of some kind. That hoseok was to come to the hospital if he wanted to see him. Without thinking he ran I to his room and grabbed a shirt and jacket. He ran out of his house hastily remembering his keys and running to his car.

He arrived after a 20 minute drive parking and running to the hospital doors frantically. Jeon Jungkook, Kim Taehyung and Kim Nanjoom were already there. Old friends he hadn't seen in awhile.

A doctor arrived shortly after Hoseok had stumbled in and they followed in stunned silence to Jins room. Jimin was there in what looked vaguely like scrubs and looking quite distressed.

Jin looked like he had been in an awful accident. He was hooked to many machine he almost couldn't count them. However when hoseok learned what put him in the bed, he sunk down the wall realizing he was the reason.

He had caused this, but there was something else. Something else was bothering him and he couldn't figure out what it was. It was like this life he was living wasn't his. He was living a lie, but he wasn't. This was reality. He just had to live with it until he died.

No, he couldn't accept that. What was happening to him?