If You're Sick

The gas station was as quiet as it had been for the past few days. Namjoon stood thinking hard on everything that had happened. Jins coma was the newest thing on the list of shifty things that have happened.

A man walked up to him looking gaunt and a bit paranoid.

“Um, are you okay sir? Can I help you with anything?” Namjoon asked.

He immediately reacted to his speech as he had a sense of deja vu. Where had this come from?

“When will this store close?” he asked.

“It's 24/7, like the sign up there says” Namjoon said, pointing to the illuminated sign by the road.

“Right… and you're the only one working, correct?” he asked.

“Well no… there is always someone at the register” Namjoon said, “if you need help she's been here longer than i have”.

“So you're… expendable?” he asked.

“I guess I am,” Namjoon said.

“Thanks” he said and walked away to the store.

Namjoon stood and kept waiting for cars. Except there was a loud sound he turned and the man was pointing at something. He ran in and the man turned to him. A gun was aimed at his head.

“Look man, you don't have to do this, '' Namjoon said.

“I do…” he said, “no one listens to me. Maybe they will now”.

“Look, just let us go and you can take everything in the register” Namjoon said slowly raising his arms.

He looked at his fellow coworker. She was crying as she also kept her arms raised.

“I don't want money” he spat and aimed the gun at the woman.

“No” he said, taking a step but stopped when the gun was aimed at him.

“How old are you?” he asked, “I'm not killing a boy am i”.

"Yes you you'd be" namjoon said quickly, "im 16".

The man paused and looked down at his gun. Just then a police officer pulled into the gas station. He quickly walked in and took control of this situation. It left namjoon confused and thinking, 'he should have died today'.

***

Hoseok and Taehyung walked together and stood infront of the elevator. It said out of order.

"Damn were gonna need to take the stairs" Hoseok said.

Taehyungs heart skipped a beat as he and Hoseok made their way to the stairway. Slowly they made their way down when hoseok grabbed the rail. Tae, upon realizing this quickly grabbed onto his jacket pulling him back to sit on the steps. He fell unconscious as Tae set him down as carefully as he could.

His head rested on the wall as he slept. Tae watched him and relief washed over him.

Hoseok awoke minutes later looking over at taehyung. He sighed as he stood up.

"Must be awful" Tae said sheepishly, "im sorry".

"Well it's not your fault is it" hoseok said, "thanks by the way. Falling asleep in a stairway isn't ideal you know?".

"Still want coffee" Taehyung said after a beat of silence.

"Might as well. We've gone through all this" hoseok said and shrugged.

***

Jungkook sat next to Jins bed. His eyes heavy as he watched his friend. It had gone so fast he had almost forgot to breathe. Everything he had been through, the car crash, the ethereal voice, Jin's coma. Everything was almost too much. He wasn't even out of highschool yet. He was skipping school to be here with Jin, but highschool was just a never ending purgatory. It would be the same everyday.