Run

JIn watched happily seeing the smiles on his friends' faces. Finally a day when they could just relax. There was no death or depression, just a peaceful gathering of good friends. They had stopped at a beach store to get some towels and snacks. They sat on those towels eating and enjoying eachothers company.

They sat in a circle talking and laughing.

"It's weird though" Jungkook said looking around at all of them, "Us being together".

"It's been so long. I forgot what it felt like to have friends" Namjoon said and chuckled.

"I've been working like hell" Hoseok said, "But... it's kinda hard when you fall asleep at random intervals".

"I thought they gave you medicine for that," Yoongi said, confused.

"They don't do anything for me" Hoseok said, "I took them for months and they didn't do anything."

"Doctors are overrated," Jimin said in a small voice.

Hoseok chuckled and took one of the bags of chips.

"So... how was America Jin" Namjoon asked, taking a candy bar from the pile.

"It was..." Jin started but stopped when he couldn't remember. He tried to think about the school he went to and the people he met but he honestly couldn't remember.

"Jin?" Jungkook asked.

"I'm sure it was well?" Taehyung said.

"Yes that's what i.." Jin stuttered, "I'm sorry I can't talk while looking at your face Jimin ''.

"Is that an insult?" Jimin said, lifting his hand to his chest like he was insulted, "Have you seen yourself".

"What are you talking about im sooo handsome," Jin said.

"Hey! Worldwide Handsome" Jungkook said chuckling.

They all laughed hysterically.

"Doesn't that sound familiar to anyone?" Hoseok asked.

"A little. Hey, maybe someone said it when we were in high-school" Yoongi said, smiling brightly.

"It was probably Jin," Namjoon said laughing with a piece of candy in his mouth.

"Kim Namjoon," Jin said as a scold.

"Kim Seokjin" Namjoon muffled a retort.

Everyone laughed and kept eating all the snacks in the middle.

"What have you guys been doing?" Jin asked.

"Well you pretty much kidnapped me from the gas station so you know where I work," Namjoon said.

"hospital, you know how my mother is," Jimin said.

"Still on your case, is she?" Jungkook asked.

"Yep, Doesn't seem like she wants to let up" Jimin said, "What about you, Yoongi".

"Working" he said, simply, "Trying to make a living. It's been hard but... you could say that Ive... managed".

"In all honesty guys... I'm not doing too well" Jungkook said, throwing a wrapper in the to his side, "My parents are fighting and we're going broke".

Everyone went silent. Jin kept his eyes trained on Jungkook. He was way too young to have to deal with this.

"A few years ago my dad lost his job but he didn't say anything. My mom started doing expensive shopping and soon all our money was gone" Jungkook said sadly.

"Why did you never tell us? '' Yoongi asked, "We could have helped".

"Help with what? My alcoholic father or materialistic mother? I don't think so" Jungkook said with a chuckle.