Chapter 1

Hello! Any feedback I receive is appreciated, and I am open to any criticism you may have! Thank you to anyone who takes the time to read my writing! :)

   (Also, neutral pronouns are used so that people can insert themselves easier)

————————————————

[01— Family]

|| Your POV ||

   "I'm glad it's almost the weekend! I don't think I can handle another day of work after today!"

   Your best friend, Melina, listened as you complained about your job. She sat on top of her bed whilst you paced about her bedroom, gesturing wildly as you went on. "Oh, yeah?" she said.

   "I mean, really!" you yelled. "Who the hell makes a chicken sandwich when the order was a frickin cheeseburger with a large fry?"

   Melina giggled through her words. "Maybe they got the order mixed up with another?"

   You threw your hands in her direction. "He repeated the order out loud! Cheeseburger! With a large fry! And then he looked his coworkers in the eyes and made a fucking chicken sandwich!"

   Melina wheezed, and you looked at her properly. She was a dark-skinned, chubby girl whose face was always full of light. You adored her high spirits, and at some points were kind of envious of it. Her hair was pulled back to further expose her beautiful features, and her clothes were always as bright as her personality.

   "And don't even get me started on the customers! An old man yelled at Yolanda because his coffee was too hot and then dumped it out on the floor, demanding a refund! Who does that?"

   Before anything else could be said, you heard her mother's muffled voice calling out to the both of you from downstairs. "Melina! [Name!] Pizza rolls are done!"

   You and Melina stopped and looked at each other. Immediately, the both of you were racing out of the door and down the stairs for the kitchen. You had the advantage and made it there first, which allowed you to start shoveling pizza rolls onto your plate before she could.

   "No!" Melina cried out as she reached you and began to fight you for the pizza rolls, managing to take a few from you in the tussling.

   Her mother, Mrs. Loveless, moved out of the way. "You two better chill out or you'll make a mess!"

   You let Melina take her fair share of the rolls. "Thanks for taking them out," you told her mother.

   Mrs. Loveless nodded as she started for the doorway. "Yeah, yeah. Just don't forget about them next time."

   As the older woman left, you and your friend took the rest of the pizza rolls and wandered into the living room. You sat down on the couch next to Melina, the TV tuned into a random news channel. The both of you ignored it to continue talking and eating.

   "Glad it's the weekend, too," Melina said, continuing the previous conversation. She suddenly smirked as she looked at you. "It just means we've got more time to hook you and Nico up."

   You tensed up, you face heating up. "S-Shut up!"

   Melina grinned wide at your reaction. "Come on! We're so close! I can feel it in my gut!"