Chapter 7

[07 Two Years of Plans]

|| Jack's POV ||

   Jack stepped out past a tree, following the his path up to the spot Jeff instructed him to meet him at.

   Hid mind lingered on what just happened back at your place. He had lingered at the window for a second too long, and now he was facing the consequences of it. He did not usually stalk you during the day, but he chose to today to mark out your possible whereabouts. He now had the home of Nadia and Melina thanks to it. He only hoped your sister did not get enough of a view of him to describe him to the police, and that you would not put enough pieces together to realise it was him.

   The sadistic killer was already there, waiting for him. "You're fucking late," Jeff griped, "what the fuck were you doing?"

   "The usual?" Jack said.

   Jeff scoffed, leaning off the tree he had been against. "Well, are you ready, or what?"

   "Uh-uh." Hopefully their pressing matters would take his mind off of what happened at your house.

   "Good. 'Cause I'm tired of fucking standing here."

   They started their trip back toward the neighbourhood, approaching a random house with its lights off. Jeff took the lead as he usually did, breaking into the home and being the first to sneak into the rooms of their unsuspecting victims. Weapons ready at hand, Jeff clasped his hand over the sleeping man's mouth and slit his throat as Jack waited off to the side. The blood poured out and onto the white bedsheets as the man quickly died.

   "Alright, Eyeless, do your part," Jeff muttered as he stepped back from the bed.

   Jack sighed at the name but gave no further complaint as he crawled onto the bed and on top of the corpse. He pulled down the covers and yanked up the man's shirt. Taking out his scalpel, he felt along the man's bare abdomen with his gloved fingers until he found the right spot. Slowly, he inserted the tip of his tool into the tender skin.

   "This is fucking dumb." The smiling killer complained from the sidelines. "Are you really sure it has to be human kidney?"

   Jack stopped momentarily in the middle of his incision, though he failed to suppress his agitation. "For the hundredth time, yes," he answered coldly. Blood leaked from the cut he finished making on the man's side.

   "You've never tried any other kind of kidney, just to be sure?" Jeff went on. "Like a fucking cow's or some shit?"

   "Yes."

   "Pfft—" Jeff snickered. "Really? You've tried cow kidney?"

   I'm going to gut him next. "No, asshole." Jack struggled to concentrate on retrieving the organ. "Just kidney that's not from a human."

   "So, in other words, a cow's?"

   Jack whipped his head around and hissed at the obnoxious man, tendrils flaring out past his mask.

   Jeff put his hands up, cringing. "Okay! Jesus, put that nasty shit away, you ugly fuck!"

   Leaving his killing partner be, Jack finished retrieving both of the kidneys from the man. He ate one and stored the other in a container he carried in the large, brown bag strapped over his shoulder. They repeated the process with the rest of the people in the house, Jeff killing them and Jack stealing their kidneys— all, save for one. The last person in the house was kept alive, and Jeff knocked them unconscious.