Promise

South Korea
two days later...

The sun's gentle rays stirred Kook from his slumber, and he missed the comforting presence beside him. He reluctantly opened his eyes, realizing he was alone. As he sighed and closed his eyes, his thoughts drifted.

*Flashback *
(At a party)

Kook sat alone at the drinks table during the party, while Tae and the others conversed with the new company CEO. Unexpectedly, Leo, a troublemaker, approached Kook and made him uncomfortable with his unwelcome touch on his waist. Despite Kook's protests, Leo's grip tightened.

Tae intervened, revealing their relationship and defending Kook. They left the party together, leaving Kook both surprised and conflicted.

*Flashback ends*

Kook smiled but felt a pang of regret for losing his parents and then distancing himself from Tae, who used to support him. He realized he hadn't followed his heart and began isolating himself from Tae but still longed to hear Tae's soothing voice.

He remembered a promise....

"Even when I'm not near, never feel alone. I'll always be with you until the end, till my death. Promise me you'll take care of yourself without anyone's help for my sake."

"I promise."

Kook woke up, washed up, and joined the others downstairs for breakfast. His unexpected presence surprised everyone, and he took care of serving himself, a positive change from his previous emotional state.

During breakfast, Kook inquired about his missing phone, causing a minor disturbance. It turned out that Jimin had the phone, which was broken. Kook decided to buy a new one.

However, the others advised against it due to his weakened condition and the bad weather, using Tae as an excuse. Kook retreated to his room, feeling dejected.

After the others left, Kook locked himself in his room, standing on the balcony, and expressed his regrets. He acknowledged his mistakes in pushing Tae away and confessed his love for him, despite it being too late. Tears welled up as he yearned for Tae and his past actions.

Kook realized he was wrong for not expressing his feelings sooner and apologized to the absent Tae, wishing he could turn back time.

"I know 'm very late........I really wanna say this to you but you're not here.......... I think I love you hyungie" kook said to no one but the cold breezy wind.

━━❄︎━━

Arish🦋