Craft Scissors

TW// Self harm

"Good morning, how are you?" Jane asked Dustin as she walked past him in the hall.

"Oh uh, good..." Dustin replied. He had been distancing from his friends. The whole Mike and Will thing was really making him uncomfortable. "Are you and Mike back together or...what's going on?"

Jane made a weird face. "It's... complicated..."

"Oh...are things cool with Mike and Will again?" Dustin asked hopefully.

"No, are you stupid?" Jane accidentally let her bad mood takeover.

"Excuse me?" Dustin was obviously offended.

"Sorry, sorry! It's just...Mike is putting me in a bad mood, and I'm grounded..." Jane complained.

"Oh...well I got to go. If you see Lukas, let him know I can't hang out with him after school. I have plans with Eddie." Dustin said before walking away.

Jane nodded silently and continued walking. She met Lukas in the hall shortly after and stopped to pass on the message. "Hey, Dustin said he can't hangout with you today. He has other plans with Eddie? He told me to tell you."

"Oh, okay." Lukas was disappointed but not shocked. Dustin had been going through his own struggles, like the rest of the gang was. "I saw Mike by the vending machine, just a warning...I know you're avoiding him for your own good."

"Okay, thanks." Jane appreciated the warning. "Oh, Max isn't here today. She stayed home."

"Oh...I was wondering why I haven't seen her. Is she okay?" Lukas asked.

Jane shrugged. "she seemed fine, just said she wasn't feeling well."

"Oh..." Lukas shrugged. "Well do you want to hang out with me after school then? Since Dustin ditched me, and Max probably won't be up to hanging out."

"Uh..." Jane had never really done anything with Lukas one on one before. "Like what?"

"I mean me and Dustin were just going to play video games at my house. You could come do the same. If Max is feeling better, maybe she could come. If your parents will let her." Lukas offered.

"I'm grounded so...they probably won't let me either."

"Damn that sucks..." Lukas sighed. "Maybe some other time."

"Yes, maybe some other time." Jane agreed and walked to class.

-

Max sat alone in Jane's room. She was physically fine, but having a horrible mental day. She was feeling really worthless, dumb, and incompetent. All her darkest urges were coming out again. She was lucky Jane didn't have many dangerous objects laying around.

Though Max was determined and it didn't take her long to find a pair of sharp craft scissors in Jane's desk.

She didn't even think about where she was cutting herself, she just did it. Not thinking about her wellbeing. Not thinking about Lukas or Jane. Two people that were definitely going to find out fast.

-

Jane walked into her room after school and threw her things down on the desk. "hey Max, feeling any better?" She asked.

Max was laying in the bed, not too worried about Jane finding out what she did. She would be able to trick Jane with an excuse. Then another set of footsteps entered the room.

"Lukas came home with me to see you." Jane added.

Max jolted up and quickly tried to make herself look more presentable. "Shit-"