Nightmare

TW// Mentions of sexual abuse

Lukas thought Max had fallen asleep instead of coming down to sleep with him. That's why he allowed himself to slip into his pain.

When Max came down, she expected Lukas would have fallen asleep. She did not expect to find him crying.

"Lukas, what's wrong?" Max made her way to the couch where he was sitting.

Lukas jumped in surprise and quickly wiped his tears away. "It's nothing Max, don't worry about it."

"You're crying, people don't tend to do that when nothing is wrong." Max sat by him and nudged his side. "What's wrong, you can tell me."

Lukas shook his head. He didn't want to make her feel guilty. He was crying because of what she had done to herself. It broke his heart.

"Come on...don't you trust me? You can tell me." Max insisted.

"Of course I do...I just, don't want to talk about it." Lukas sniffled and wiped his face.

"Okay..." Max decided to change the subject for him. "Me and Jane just got in a fight."

"Oh, about what?" Lukas turned towards her.

"I don't even know how it started...I called her out for something involving Mike. She got mad and said some stuff. Told me that I don't love you because I haven't had sex with you." Max explained quietly.

Lukas stared for a moment, thinking. "What? Where did she get that idea?"

"Mike, probably..." Max shrugged. "He's a jerk. He's... he's probably trying to manipulate Jane into..."

"Woah-" Lukas interrupted. "You think Mike is trying to manipulate Jane into sex?"

"I don't know, it's a serious accusation... But I know something that you don't, and I think he's steering in that direction." Max felt bad for accusing Mike of something so disgusting, but she couldn't help but worry.

"Have you talked to Jane about this?"

Max shrugged. "No...I will tomorrow when she calms down." Max decided.

"Good idea..." Lukas agreed.

"You know I love you, right?" Max leaned into Lukas a little to prove her point.

"I know, don't worry." Lukas wrapped an arm around her.

"Would you love me if I never had sex with you?" Max asked reluctantly.

"Uh, yeah?" Lukas sounded confused. "Max, you're my soulmate. Not a prostitute." He said boldly, getting his point across easily.

"Right..." Max's heart fluttered. Something about being treated like a real human being made her melt. "I love you so much...you always help me. Even when I'm being a bitch to you."

"You're not a bitch. You just lash out when you're distressed, everyone is guilty of it." Lukas kissed the top of her head. "Let's lay down and get some sleep before you have to sneak back upstairs."

"Okay, come on." Max laid down on the couch with him. Having no choice but to rest in his arms. She wasn't complaining though. "goodnight...you're okay right?"

Lukas chuckled and nodded. "Yeah...I'm better now that you're here. Goodnight darling."

Max's heart fluttered again. She happily melted into his chest. He was so respectful and loving, like an old soul. Most young boys would refer to their girlfriends as their babes. In some cases, their bitch. There may not have been anything wrong with the nickname babe, but it's what Neil used to call Max's mom. Max hated the word babe, and Lukas knew that. Lukas was different, he was one of the good boys.