First years with a friend with a horror movie scream

Ace:

Ace chuckles to himself, creeping around the corner of the old tombstone, gloved hands gripping the cold stone. It was nearly time for the Halloween festivities to end, with the rest of Heartslabyul working diligently to clean up the makeshift graveyard.

"What are you doing?" Deuce asks him, voice tinged with annoyance at the sight of the redhead not doing anything to clean up.

"Scaring the Prefect," He says matter of factly, watching the unsuspecting student chat happily with Riddle. Deuce huffs, shaking his head and walking over to where Trey called him. Ace takes a deep breath, crouching down and angling his veiled hat as to hide it further within the dark cemetery.

"Ace?" They call out, a few feet from the stone. "Ace? I know you're here, Grim told me what you made him eat!" They shout out, nearly making Ace blow his cover from the laugh that bubbles up his throat. He knew cats couldn't eat chocolate... but Grim always says that he's not a cat, so Ace thought it would be fine. "He puked all over Ramshackle's carpet!"

That nearly makes the boy burst out in laughter, holding his breath and trying to steady his breathing as hesitant footsteps approach his hiding spot.

"...Ace?" They call out once more, quietly, hesitantly.

He sees their hand reach over the top of the tombstone and Ace grabs it in his own, jumping up from behind the stone only to be met with an ear-piercing screech that scares him out of his skin.

"What the fuck?!" He shouts.

-Genuinely shocked

-Like, for a second he thought that he had actually hurt his friend

-Once he discovers that they scream like that, it's game over for the poor prefect, and anyone who might be around them.

-Jumpscaring them at lunch, hiding around the corners of Ramshackle, horror movie nights...

-It makes him lose his mind laughing, often doubling over at not only the Prefect's reaction, but the reactions of their peers around them

-He has gotten the both of them collared before because he happened to scare them during an Unbirthday party, which in turn scared the hedgehogs, which scared the flamingos, which then proceeded to fly around the tables and knock stuff over, the 'stuff' being Riddle sitting down in his chair (Cater got it on video)

-He is definitely sure to be more careful when he does it, though

-No matter how many times he hears it, their scream sends genuine shivers down his spine and he is often afraid that he takes it too far with his pranks

-He checks in with them afterwards, but in his own, weird way.

-Like giving them an opportunity to scare him back- they don't actually scare him, he just says that they do

Deuce:

Deuce sighs, readjusting the bags from Sam's shop on his shoulder as he tries to balance the weight from his recent supply run. He is more often than not glad to help Trey out whenever he needs baking supplies, but he is a little annoyed at the rest of his dormmates adding on whatever they needed to get.

He has eggs and flour for Trey, but Cater needed a new phone charger (since he dropped the last one and it disappeared down the neverending steps that lay around Heartslabyul), Ace wanted some snacks...

Eventually he ended up with five bags of stuff, walking back to the dorm in the cold, in the dead of night. He shivers and tries to pull his arms further into his torso, unable to stop the cold from seeping through his blazer.