Twst Artstyle

To preface this, I do strongly recommend references! Anime isn't my usual style, so I very much needed references to get this small project done! Also please use references for color, anatomy, clothing folds, etc etc. No shame in using references, people!!!! When I was drawing my TWST sprite, I always had a picture of either Epel or Riddle off to the side to make sure that I was getting everything as close as I could!

Body: 

Honestly,,, the best I can recommend is to find a reference to start off with for the poses (as any drawing), but make the head a little larger to match the anime art style! Or, as a cheat, crop off the head of a twst character/ use the same pose as them,,,,,,.,,

Face:

So for the face, I took the proportions of Riddle's face and applied them to my own, as TWST characters' facial structures are a little different from one another (For example, the way Jack's face is longer and more stretched out than Lilia's). I present as more feminine, so I went with his basic face shape and proportions (Sorry Riddle), but you can also use whichever character you'd like! You can also use Eliza and Najma's facial structures' features  if you'd like if you'd like to look more fem! I believe you can also use the fairy sprites,,,, but I'd have to double check how their proportions even out. Even for younger ocs, theres characters like Cheka and Ortho you could use as a reference!

If you want to look more masc, most of the cast does have the proportions for it!

If you want to look like both, or neither, you can always choose some of the characters that have  in between proportions, like Kalim, Adeuce, Ruggie etc etc...

Eyes: 

Again, you can copy TWST characters' eyes if you want, or you can make up your own shape! We're very lucky as a fan base because TWST has a lot of diversity in their features (example, Epel, Ruggie, Floyd, and Cater all have downturned eyes, but they're drawn very differently!), so there's a lot of options to look from! If not, here's a few tips on how to draw twst eyes

-They're roughly in a weird C shape, with the inner corners being open!

-TWST also puts three lines in the character's eyes- one branching off from the eye, one slightly above, and the third one being much higher! If you have a monolid, you can also exempt these lines completely, as they're more obvious in some characters than others (for example, the line's of Floyd's eyes are very spread apart, where in other characters, they are so close that you can only count one or two!)

The eyes themselves (the colored part,,, i forget the word) come in many different shapes, sizes, and colors. The best advice I can give is to find a reference and color it in that way. As a base for the eyes, there are a few tricks:

-The eye is two colors, with a dark shade of your chosen color on the top, and a lighter shade on the bottom. 

-The pupil is a darker shade of the eye color, not black

-In some characters (its very obvious in characters with larger eyes, like Kalim), the devs do draw small, light lines under the pupil, like how you would draw rays of the sun (with the pupil being the sun)- but it's only really in the bottom half. (In characters like Malleus and Riddle, they're not there at all from what I can see.)

-The twst artists do not add a ton of sparkle to the character's eyes! In most sprites, theres no shine at all, but for mine I did add a little circle of light (because i feel like without the sparkle they look a little scary!)

To sum it up, here's it all drawn out on Floyd: