I fight my first battle

Chapter Eight

I plastered the mask on my face and stepped in front of the robber.

For a moment, he just stood there, shocked. Then, he aimed his gun at me and shot.

Inconsiderate people. He just decided to fire at me without hesitation. He could kill someone! Wait a second, wasn't I supposed to be dead?

I looked at the bullet heading towards me in slow motion. Everything around me seemed to slow down. Somehow, I was in Flash time. It was one of his rumoured powers, where he could move so fast everything else slowed down.

I sidestepped the bullet and watched it pass. Suddenly, everything sped up as I came out of Flash time. I felt drained. Flash time was hard.

I ran forward and snatched the gun from the robber's hand. I spun around behind him and discarded the gun.

He turned around to face me. "Now that's just not fair." He growled.
Fire ignited from his hands. Great. He was a meta human.

He flung fire at me and I sped around it, searching for a way to take him down.

"Hold still so I can hit you!" The robber yelled.

"As if!" I called.

Fire explored behind me and snaked around the shop. If the fire got outside of the shop, it would spread across the mall, burning the whole place and trapping people. I couldn't let anyone get hurt.

The robber laughed. "It's not easy being a hero is it?"

My eyes darted around the room searching for an answer.

"You're wasting your time trying to save people. I was given this gift to get what I want. Metas are better. You are weak. You have the power to get what you want, to make people bow down to you!"

I rolled my eyes. Typical bad guy speech. I had to put out the fire, and fast. What would the Flash do? Then it hit me. One way to put out fire was to create a vacuum and suck out all the air. No air means no fire. The Flash used to put fire out this way all the time. I had to try.

I rotated my arms in circles going faster and faster until they were moving at superspeed. The fire erupted and grew in size. I paused. I was making it worse.

I coughed as smoke began to clog the small shop.

I stuck my arms out. I had been moving them in the same direction. Maybe if I moved them in opposite directions, it would successfully create a vacuum.

I moved my arms once again, this time in opposite directions. I was amazed as all the fire went out.

The robber stared at me in shock. In his moment of confusion, I knocked him down. I tied him to a pillar right outside of the shop using a velvet rope barrier I had found by the neighboring store.

The robber laughed. "The age of Keraunos is coming. You may have stopped me, but you will not stop him. He is coming for you and your super friends. He will destroy you!"

An explosion sounded and a shudder ran through the shop.

The robber howled with laughter. "I have served my purpose."

"You were a distraction!" I turned and punched him in the face. He was knocked unconscious.

I ran outside of the mall. In the distance, I could see smoke rising from a familar place. L.U.N.A.R. labs was under attack.

I ran off in the direction of the explosion, leaving the robber behind for the police.

Author's Note

Sorry for the short chapter. The next one should hopefully be longer. Thanks so much for reading! Please vote!