chapter forty six, the fox and the wolf

her outfit:

💔

💔

Korey:

"This is everything non-lethal I could find..."

"Take all of it."

"What's the plan, here?" I asked.

"Our best shot right now is for Derek to try to pick up Stiles' scent at Eichen House-- especially if he went through something stressful there."

"Should all five of us be going to the same place?" Stiles' dad asked.

"Where else has Stiles been showing up?"

"School... the hospital..."

"Okay, hold on-- we did this already. He disappeared, we started looking for him... then walked right into a trap at the hospital."

"...He's getting us to repeat the same moves." Argent realised.

"So, what do we do? Wait for him to come to us?" Allison asked.

"=We can't. Not if the Oni find him when the sun goes down."

"Scott's working on that right now with Kira."

"That's the problem-- we're all trying to outfox the Fox."

"Listen... I'll understand if anyone wants to back out."

"I won't be the first Wolf to run from a Fox."

"Apparently, I'm carrying a lightsaber..."

"I want to help me friend so I am fully in." I stated. 

"Dad, you and Derek hit Eichen House. Sheriff, it's you, Korey me in the hospital. We all meet in the school"

And we then left to go look for Stiles.

-

"You know what? I don't know how you guys do it. You're all so strong. You're fearless. Hell, you even manage to keep your grades up..."

"I am... failing Econ..."

"And I am falling behind in all my school work for all classes."

"Is that Coach's class?"

We nodded.

"Well, I'll have a talk with him."

Allison then began to cry.

"Hey, Alli what's wrong?" I asked while I pulled her to look me in my eyes. 

"I'm not... fearless... I'm terri-terrified. I'm always terrified. I... I act like I know what I'm doing, but I don't. I don't know if Isaac is dying right now... I don't know if I made a mistake with you... I don't know what my dad is thinking... I don't know if we should trust Derek... I don't know... I don't know anything..."

"You know what's funny? You sound just like a cop. Hey... You're gonna be okay." Stiles dad reassured her.

"Okay..."

We carried on but some noise went off which confused us.

"What's that?"

"Someone's breaking into my house...After Stiles started sleepwalking, I had some safety precautions put in-- motion sensors, cameras..."

"Is that his room?" I asked.

-

So we all headed to Stilinski's house to figure out what is going to happen.

"What is all this? What are these sticky notes for?"

"This is what Stiles used to try and explain to me about... all of you."

"Well, maybe it's a message from Stiles-- the real Stiles." Allison suggested.

"Do you think there's any reason my name's on the king?"

"And I am on the queen?"

"Well, you're heavily guarded... Though, I guess the alarming detail is that you're one move from being in checkmate. And Korey your on the queen because you are the most powerful out of everyone. And you protect everyone."

"Cool." I replied to Stilinski's comment.

"It's not a message from Stiles-- it's a threat from the Nogitsune."

"He's at the loft. That's what he's trying to tell us. And he wants us to come there."

"Night's nearing..." I added.

"This couldn't sound any more like a trap." Argent commented.

"I don't think it is..."

"I think your opinion might be slightly biased, Sheriff..."

"Hear me out! What we're dealing with here is basically someone who lacks motive-- no rhyme or reason, right?"

"Meaning what?" Argent asked.

"Our enemy is not a killer... It's a trickster. The killing is just a by-product."

"If you're trying to say it won't kill us, I'm not feeling too confident about that..."

"It won't. It wants irony. It wants to play a trick-- it wants a joke. All we need to do is come up with a new punchline."

"The sun is setting, Sheriff... What do you have in mind?"

author's note: sorry the chapter is very short just didn't feel like i needed to add the flashbacks as i wanted Korey with Allison for a reason in the episode and next ones.

~ kylie xoxo.