16

1:34 a.m.

"i got y/n." suna lifted y/n up bridal style and carried her to her room. "do you need to change?" he mumbled as he set her into her bed.

"rintarou, you're so pretty." her words were slurred as she stroked his face.

he gently smiled and kissed her forehead. he tucked her in and began to leave.

"wait. where are you going?" she sat up and curled into the blanket.

"i'll be right back." suna smiled at her.

as he left, she felt horrified. she was in a dark room alone with her thoughts. drunk ones she couldn't control. the thoughts she avoided while being sober were rushing to her now since she was alone.

she hated this part of being under the influence. whether it was alcohol or marijuana. there was always a part where you would be left alone in your head.

a never ending spiral staircase that takes you deeper and deeper as you try and find an exit.

a truck that comes zooming out of nowhere. the train you want to jump out of the way of but your body forces you to stay.

she felt her eyes burn, heart ache, and nostrils flare. a tear slipped down her cheek as she slid herself under the blanket. she quietly began sobbing, not hearing the sound of the door creaking.

"y/n?" suna made his way over with a bottle of water after turning the light on and softly pulled the blanket from over her head.

his heart shattered seeing her so broken looking. "what's wrong, baby?" as she sat up, he immediately pulled her towards him, wiping a few of her tears.

y/n wanted to say everything. from the incident to the arguments to the attempt, but felt like she would make suna uncomfortable.

unfortunately for her, she was drunk. she couldn't stop herself from speaking, especially when he said, "talk to me, y/n. i'll listen." suna caressed her cheek.

"promise me you wont view me differently if i tell you?" his eyes softed seeing the sincerity in her eyes.

suna nodded swiftly.

y/n took a deep breath before beginning the story of just about everything.

flashback

y/n was a first year in middle school. she was quite popular around this time, being one of the girls who went through puberty a little faster than most. meaning some areas on her body were more defined than other girls this age.

it being summer, there were so many birthday parties she had been invited too.

mishiko toshiro.
an older boy who was close with both y/n and nachimi.

so when his birthday approached it was only naturally that they were invited to his birthday party. y/n was beyond excited. toshiro was turning 15.

the day of the party, nachimi and y/n planned to go for a few hours and go back to nachimi's for the night. the mishiko residency was only two blocks from nachimi's, so they walked.

as they approached the house they realized it was an actual party. like high school party.

y/n felt uneasy, since she wasn't a fan of too big of crowds, but nachimi insisted. claiming it would be fun, they are growing up. nachimi pulled y/n into the house as the girls laughed. it was a beautiful home.