richie tozier: a joke a day keeps a frown away

TW: none but sad reader and richie's attempts on making her smile

the nicknames are killing me they dont even sound like richie im so sorry 

"Hey sweetcheeks, your mom let me in," Richie says as he randomly barges into Y/N's room, only to see her lying down on her bed, a sad and disappointed frown on her pretty face.

Now Richie's face had a frown.

"Hey, what happened?" He asks and sits next to her.

She sighs, sits up, and hugs Richie, burying her face in his chest, and starts to sob. Richie hugs her back, his hand rubbing up and down her back.

"Remember that big midterm test we had?" She asks after a few moments of silence, her voice soft and a bit raspy. Richie nods, "Yeah, why? What happened?"

"I don't know what happened, Richie, I really don't know- I thought I studied well but I-I failed," She starts to sob again, her body slightly shaking.

Still hugging her, Richie starts to slowly rock them back and forth. He kisses her forehead before breaking their embrace, his hands holding hers, "Hey, it's okay, alright? It'll be okay."

Y/N shakes her head, "No, Rich, It isn't. They're gonna think I'm stupid or something."

"Hey no, listen to me, okay? Your scores don't define you."

"But what about my grades-"

"-Your grades don't define you, love. They never will," He cuts her off and presses a soft kiss on her nose and lips.

"But hey, to lighten up the mood, answer this," He says.

"Knock knock," Richie says, a smile already forming on his face.

"Who's there?" Y/N asks.

"Hi."

"Hi who?" She asks again, a small smile forming on her face, thinking that he was going to reply with "hi/high-ho" or something.

"Hi, Y/N," Richie laughs.

Y/N groans and laughs at his stupid joke, "Hi, Richie."

"Okay, okay. Here's another one. There are two muffins sitting in an oven. One turned to the other and said, "Wow, it's pretty hot in here!", and the other one goes, "Wow, a talking muffin!"."

Y/N stares at Richie blankly for a second, "Wow, there's an idiot in here!" She sarcastically exclaims, making Richie smile and laugh, which makes her do the same.

Richie changes their position, his back on the headboard of her bed, and her on his lap while his arms are wrapped around her.

The two look at each other, admiring each other's features before Richie goes and pecks her lips.

Y/N smiles at this and kisses Richie, who kisses back.

The two break their kiss for air and smile.

"Gosh, I love you so much."

"I love you too."