Chapter 29

Haeyoung's POV

I was surprisingly okay.

It had been about two weeks since Jungkook had dumped me, and I was taking the breakup very well. I had only cried for the first two days. Namjoon thought I was trying to fake it so that he and Taehyung wouldn't worry but I truly was okay.

I was already over him, and even if he came here screaming and crying about how big of a mistake he made I wouldn't take him back.

But just because I was over him didn't mean I couldn't get my revenge, right?

I had taken the car for the day and was taking a little trip, remembering that Yoongi had mentioned Jungkook having a sister in the moments before I tried killing him. I had spent the last two weeks since then trying to find any information I could about her. It was difficult at first since I was never given a name, but I was able to find some information about her through news articles about the death of Jungkook's parents.

Her name was Jeon Junghwa, but she was currently using an alias. Song Jihye. I assumed this was to avoid Jungkook tracking her down. Even though Yoongi had mentioned that he had gotten her onto a flight and flew her far away from Jungkook, she was only residing a few hours away.

There was a possibility that she had moved closer or Yoongi had lied about getting her onto a plane so that Jungkook would believe she was in a place where he couldn't reach her.

I had a box of cookies on the passenger's seat beside me as a way of getting Junghwa to let her guard down and possibly welcome me inside. I already knew what my plan would be, and it eventually ended in her death but I wanted to make Jungkook suffer.

...okay maybe I wasn't really over the breakup.

I eventually did arrive at the address I had found online, parking a few blocks away to not startle her by parking in the driveway. I grabbed the cookies and climbed out of the car, making my way up to the door.

I knocked a couple times, before waiting for her to answer. It took a few minutes, but eventually she did open the door. Not all the way since she hadn't removed the chain keeping the door shut from the inside. "Can I help you? I'm...not expecting guests today."

"I apologize for showing up here unannounced, and I can understand why you might be on guard by a complete stranger showing up on your doorstep," I smiled warmly at her in an attempt to show her I didn't have any ill intentions. "I don't want to scare you, Jihye, but is it possible that I could come in?"

"I'm not sure that's a good idea. I mean you said so yourself that you're a complete stranger and—"

"I'll cut right to the chase. My name is Kim Haeyoung. I...know that Song Jihye is just an alias, but please don't be alarmed. Yoongi knows who I am," I said as I watched her face completely change to one of fear. She swallowed hard as she glanced at the box of cookies in my hands. "He mentioned that sugar cookies were your favorite so I grabbed some on my way here. I...was hoping to discuss your brother, Jungkook."

She finally sighed and shut the door, hearing the sound of her undoing the chain before opening the door to let me inside. I stepped into the house, wondering how a girl around my age could afford to live in a house by herself.

"I'd appreciate it if you didn't tell my brother my whereabouts. If...you've spoken to Yoongi then I'm sure you know why I'd like to keep this between us."

"Not a problem at all! Is it alright if I sit down?" I asked as I gestured to the couch a few feet away. She nodded, still clearly on guard as I moved to sit down. She eventually sat down as well, but in a chair across the room. "I actually dated your brother for a short while. Unfortunately things...didn't quite work out."