Chapter 20

Jungkook's POV

After much convincing from Haeyoung, I did eventually go back to Korea for the remaining month and a half that she would be in America.

Today was the day that she was coming back home, and the day that I was supposed to start therapy with this therapist she claimed was so amazing.

She had originally wanted me to meet her at the airport, but because crowded and loud places were not exactly my best friend I told her I would wait at my house.

As I waited at the edge of the cave, I pulled out my phone to see she had sent me a picture of her arriving at the airport.

Haeyoung: hey we just got to the airport. we're going to stop at my house to drop off all our luggage and then Taehyung is going to drop me off at your cave. well, the houses near your cave since they don't know you live out there. ill see you soon ❤

I pursed my lips, setting my phone down and pressing my face into my hands. I was originally hoping the message would have been from Yoongi, since he had been ignoring me since I had hit him.

I was worried about him, worried that I had ruined everything between us and that I had lost my best friend. I was giving him the space he had asked me for, but he usually never goes this long without messaging me.

I sighed, grabbing my phone again and scrolled through my contacts to find his number. However, just as I found it, I could hear approaching footsteps coming up towards the cave and looked up.

My eyes widened as I saw it was Yoongi, his nose wrapped up in bandages. I pushed myself off the ground and onto my feet as he got closer. "Y-Yoongi. I was just about to call you and--"

My sentence was cut short by Yoongi throwing himself at me, catching me completely off guard since he wasn't a big fan of physical contact. I hesitantly wrapped my arms around him, patting his back gently.

"I'm sorry," He mumbled from my shoulder, and I furrowed my eyebrows in confusion. "I don't...I don't put enough trust in you to make your own mistakes. After you hit me, I realized that I'm a bit overbearing. I can't baby you forever."

"Yoongi--"

"You're my best friend. One of my only friends, as a matter of fact. I cherish our friendship more than life," he admitted softly, and I pursed my lips to let him finish. "I just...want you to know that I do support you being with Haeyoung. But, you can't expect me to not be worried about the possible consequences that come with a relationship."

"Hey," I pulled back from the hug to look at him, seeing the concern written all over his face. "I'm not mad at you. Hell, I should be the one apologizing. I just...moved without thinking. But, I talked everything over with Haeyoung and I'm finally going to get...help."

Yoongi's eyebrows shot up in surprise as he finally let me go to cross his arms. "I thought you hated therapists? What changed?"

"Me hitting you. It made me realize that if I could hit you over a small argument like that, what if Haeyoung and I get into a fight and I hurt her? I'd never forgive myself," I sighed, raking my fingers through my hair. "There's something seriously wrong with me, Yoongs. This isn't a problem that can be solved without help."

"I'm proud of you, Jungkook," Yoongi said with a smile as he reached out and patted my shoulder. "A year ago you never would have agreed to go see a different therapist."

I just smiled a tight lipped smile as he sighed heavily, looking up at the sky.

"Do you want to come in? We haven't sat down and talked in a long time and--"