Chapter 19

Jungkook's POV

I let Yoongi grab my wrist and drag me away from Haeyoung, who was watching me with a confused expression on her face.

Once we were far enough away, he let go of me and crossed his arms in disapproval. "I cannot believe you did this, Jungkook."

"I told you I'm fine. I haven't hurt her, right?" I defended myself, gesturing towards Haeyoung so he could see she wasn't hurt. "I don't get why you followed me here. I'm not a child anymore."

"It's not about whether or not you're acting like a child. It's the fact that you think it's okay to fly across the globe to her," Yoongi sighed, shaking his head as he looked around. "Have you been taking your meds?"

"I told you they make it worse. I don't need them if I have her," I grumbled, looking back over at Haeyoung. "She calms me. She reminds me that I'm human. Are you really going to try and take that away from me?"

"No--"

"Then mind your business," I cut him off, moving to walk back down the alley. "If you really are my friend, you'll let me have my chance at happiness for once."

"It's not even about that, Jungkook. You're going to hurt her. Maybe not intentionally, but you aren't capable of handling a relationship, and we both know it," Yoongi said, grabbing my wrist again. "You can have her, I don't care. But don't look for me whent things go south. I tried to warn you."

With that, he released my wrist and left without another word. Haeyoung's arms wrapped around mine and I looked over at her. "Are...you alright? What was that about?"

"Nothing you need to be concerned about. I think your brother is done so you should head back with him. I...need to take care of something," I mumbled, kissing her forehead gently before quickly following after Yoongi.

"What do I have to do to prove to you I'm meant for her?!" I yelled after him, causing him to stop in his tracks. He glanced at me from over his shoulder as I walked up to him. "I would never hurt her, Yoongi. I waited so long to find her and now that I have I can't just let her go."

"That's the problem," he responded. turning to face me as he sighed. "You're obsessed with her. You don't even realize that it's an obsession more than it is love."

"You don't know shit--"

"You came all the way here after she broke up with you because you couldn't fathom the idea of someone else having her. That's an obsession, Jungkook," he cut me off, and I pursed my lips. "You don't own her. She's not something you can just claim as your own because you can. She's human. Don't force her to be with you."

"She could leave if she wanted to. Who's holding her here?"

"You don't mean those words, and I can tell. We've been friends for years, Jungkook. You can't lie to me," he cut me off again, and I could feel myself getting angry. "If she left you, you wouldn't be able to live with yourself, and we both know it. You would chase after her, and force her to stay with you because you're obsessed with her. It's scary."

My body moved on it's own as I drew back my fist and punched Yoongi in the face, hearing something crunch as I did. By time I realized what I had done it was already too late.

Yoongi was holding his nose, and I could see the blood spilling from between his fingers and I reached out to help him but he shook his head. "Don't...I need you to get out of my face for a while. Please."

I pursed my lips, nodding my head slightly as he stood up and brushed past me without another word. I looked down at my fist and sighed, walking in the opposite direction.