Chapter 6

I couldn't stop thinking about Jungkook.

I didn't like him, and I didn't consider him my friend quite yet, but after what had happened at his house, it was no wonder he was on my mind.

"Girl, are you okay?"

I pulled myself from my thoughts, looking over to see Sejin looking at me with concern. "Yeah, I'm just deep in thought. What were you saying?"

"Areum and I were planning on taking Riley out to this big party Areum's rich aunt is having," Sejin sighed, taking a sip of her bubble tea. "She said there's usually really hot guys there, and I figured since you're single now, maybe you wanna have some fun."

I winced when she said single, and she cleared her throat. "I-I'm not forcing you to come, Haeyoung. I just don't like seeing you mope over that asshole."

"Can I bring Taehyung?" I questioned, then pursed my lips. "Actually maybe that's not a good idea since Riley still doesn't know he and Jimin are dating."

"Why don't you ask that crazy guy to come?" Sejin winked, and I felt my heart leap. "Maybe the two of you can bond, and even if you don't want to date him, you can always get some dick!"

"Sejin!" I punched her arm as she laughed loudly, and I felt myself smile a little. "Alright, I'll come. And I'll ask him but there's no guarantee he'll say yes."

"Okay, I'll text you the info," she said as I climbed out of her car. We'd been sitting in front of my house for almost an hour. "Call me later!"

I just gave her a thumbs up as I walked up to the door of my house. Before I had the chance to open it, someone else pulled it open and nearly rammed right into me. "Jimin?"

Jimin's face turned pale when he saw me, and my eyes wandered down to his neck to see hickeys beginning to form. His hair was a mess, and his lips were also quite swollen and red, and I felt myself blush as I put two and two together.

"Kim Taehyung!" I shouted, grabbing Jimin's arm and dragging him back inside the house. Seconds later Taehyung came stumbling out of his room in a bathrobe. "You know, I don't care if you wanna have sex or anything, but if Namjoon or Jin find out you're as good as dead!"

Taehyung's face turned red as soon as I brought up him having sex and he was quick to grab my hand. "Haeyoung please don't say anything. It wasn't even supposed to happen, we were just sitting on my bed and Jimin started touching me and--"

"PARK JIMIN!" I cut Taehyung off, turning around and grabbing the now terrified boy by his shirt. "You think because Taehyung has issues that makes him the perfect target for you to take advantage of?!"

"I-It's not like that--"

"He just said you initiated sexual contact with him! Who the hell said he was okay with what happened? How do you know he wasn't just scared of what would happen if he said no?!"

"You didn't even ask him!" Jimin suddenly shouted, pushing me away from him. "Taehyung isn't a fucking baby, and I'm not some monster that would take advantage of him! I asked him countless times during all of it if he wanted to stop. I told him I wouldn't be mad if he did, and he said no! Stop treating him like a child and start treating him like the grown ass adult he fucking is!"

I stood there in silence and in disbelief by what Jimin had just said. The thing I hated the most was that everything he had just said was the truth. I felt tears well up in my eyes and Jimin cleared his throat. "I'm...I'm sorry. It's just Taehyung tells me these things that he doesn't like you doing and--"

"Jimin, don't," Taehyung finally spoke up, cutting off whatever Jimin was about to say. I turned back to look at him and pursed my lips. "Haeyoung--"

"Is it true?" I asked, feeling the tears spill over as Taehyung sighed. "Do I make you hate me? Do you feel like I'm babying you?"

"That's not what he meant--"

"Is it true or not?!" I yelled, slamming my fists against his chest which caused him to stumble backwards. "God dammit, just tell me! Why won't you talk to me anymore?! Why am I always the last to know about things like this?! If you just fucking talked to me I can fix whatever I'm doing wrong!"

"This is why I don't talk to you! Because you freak out over things like this!" Taehyung shouted, grabbing my wrists tightly. He's never yelled at me like this, actually I don't think he's ever yelled like this. "I know I have issues, and thank you for caring about me but I'm 24 now. I'm not a baby anymore so just...please. Let me make my own mistakes."

"I'm sorry," I choked out, and all the emotions I had somehow managed to bottle up over the past few days finally showed. I felt my knees buckle and Taehyung barely managed to hold me up. He knew I wasn't crying over our argument, and was quick to console me. He gestures for Jimin to leave, which after mumbling another apology he did. "I don't know why I never listened to you guys. You all knew, all along he was gonna break my heart."

"Hey, don't even think about that anymore. He's not worth a single thought of yours," Taehyung mumbled, pressing his lips into my hair. "Somewhere out there is a man, or a woman, who is waiting for you. To treat you like the queen you are, and to cherish you for the rest of your life. Someone who will make you forget about trash like him."

Someone like that, huh?

Immediately, Jungkook's face popped into my brain and I quickly shook the thought off. Absolutely not. I don't care if he feels like home, I'm not about to go through any kind of heartbreak again.

"Thanks," I finally spoke up, leaning away from him and wiping my cheeks. After a moment, I looked back over at him and grinned slyly. "So, tell  me all the juicy details. How big was he?"

"Haeyoung!" Taehyung's cheeks turned a light shade of red as I began laughing loudly and poking his stomach as he hid his face behind his hands.

"Aw, come on it's nothing to be embarrassed about! I bet it hurt a lot for your first time, huh?" I winked as Taehyung groaned and ran out of the room. "Make sure you wash those sheets!"

"Shut up!" Taehyung yelled before slamming his door shut, leaving me still laughing on the living room floor. I reached into my back pocket and pulled up Jungkook's contact as I walked to my room.

hey, jackass. my friend's aunt is having this party thingie next weekend, and i was wondering if you wanted to go with me? they're all gonna be drooling over gross looking guys and i dont wanna be hanging out by myself.

I pressed send and was about to lock my phone when a message popped up. I had deleted his number, but I recognized the set of numbers that appeared on my screen.

Hoseok.

baby, please let me explain everything to you. i know i really messed up this time and i know how everything must've sounded to you but you have to believe me when i say i never wanted to hurt you!

please meet me at our usual spot tonight around 8, and let me explain. if after you hear my explanation you still don't want to be with me, ill let you go.

Every bone in my body was telling me not to go, to let him rot in hell where he belongs. But, that small part of me that still loved him wanted desperately to hear his explanation. Maybe it was all a misunderstanding.

At that moment, Jungkook messaged me back, and I closed out Hoseok's messages.

Kook: yeah, im not busy then. but, is this you finally asking me out on a date? i have to tell you, i can hardly contain my excitement ;)

I snorted loudly, rolling my eyes as I began to respond to the idiot.

call it whatever you want, im only asking you because i cant bring my brother. not sure what the dress code is yet but ill keep you posted.

I switched over to Hoseok's messages, hesitating for a moment before groaning loudly.

fine.

*switches to Jungkook's messages*

um...actually are you busy tonight around 8?

Kook: whoa, look at you. havent seen me in almost a week and now you're desperate for my attention. but no, im not busy. whats up?

Me: i...need a favor.