Two

If you were a dog, what kind would you be?

"Oh honey, I've missed you so much. I can't believe how grown up you look." She said, arms open as she encased Emery in a hug. She held him tight in a mothers loving embrace as Emery shut his eyes tight.

"I love you."

"I love you too."

"And I miss you."

"Well you don't need to miss me anymore, I'm here now." The woman said, pulling away and looking at Emery in adoration. Just like how she used to look at him when he was the golden child. Perfect with no defections and scarce of migraine inducing traits. Back when he showed no signs of being gifted or the reason his late sister would soon meet her untimely demise.

"You're good." He shook his head, and blinked, reality coming back into focus. "Really. But not that good."

His mother cocked her head, eyebrows drawing together. She looked like Emery; her hair a dirty blonde and ears positioned akin to Emery's own but her smile- her smile was a strange sight. Emery had barely seen the woman wear one at all when he was living with her and even more- it didn't look like that. The edges were wrong.

"Reality warping?" He turned back to Jayme, thrusting his hands up to block her final swing.

"You figured it out, huh?" She asked, giving a final push before she let her hands drop.

"I had a hunch." Emery glared. "My mother hates me."

"Mommy issues?"

"Ok, I'm done." Emery said, all humor gone at the mention of his mixed feelings towards his parents. "Enough with the small talk."

Jayme cackled, bringing her arm back and letting it loose. Emery dodged and then took a step back to miss a foot to the face. He ducked again when she threw two more punches and another round of that hallucinating spit shit that came from her mouth. Emery was good enough with one trip down memory lane and he sure as hell didn't want another one.

He blinded the girl with a curl of his fingers and then he was off, dancing through her embrace and into the other room where his deft fingers picked up a glass vase he had spotted earlier and he smashed the thing over the back of Bens head.

"Sorry man." Emery said as he watched the man crumple with a frown. "Ready?" He said, looking to Five who was regaining his breath.

"I've been ready for a long time." Five said, blowing out a puff of air to rid himself of the stray piece of hair that fell over his eyes.

"Shit." Emery said when he saw Jayme stumble around the corner. Apparently, she didn't take too kindly to loosing her sight and now that Emery had let his hand inclasp, she could see again and her eyes were filled with murder.

"Time to go." Five said, grabbing Emery's hand and teleporting to the upper balcony that surrounded the place. "Get the others. I'll distract them."

Emery nodded and both boys ran toward the end of the hall. Emery slid under Jayme who came at them in a flurry and Five stopped to face her alone, nodding once to encourage Emery to keep going who had hesitated leaving the boy against his better judgement.

He pushed onward, leaping back down the banister with the wind rushing through his hair and thoughts yelling at him for being reckless. It wasn't every day that he threw himself over a railing meant to keep things in and it wasn't every day that he willingly fell several feet down. Most certainly, it wasn't every day he would willingly land in front of two men with strength enhanced abilities fighting with a grudge.

He landed on his knees and pushed up, hands out in front of him.

Marcus of who was flying towards Luther with the intent to finish the fight saw Emery one second too late and in the next, he was colliding with what might as well be a brick wall.