Seventeen

Would you rather be incarcerated as a cat or as a dog?

Emery had never been to a bachelor's party. But he figured the end of the world seemed like the right time to do it.

"Get it, Luther!" Klaus encouraged as Luther sang the karaoke version of Total Eclipse of the Heart wholly to his heart's content.

"Every now and then I fall apart. And I need you now tonight, I fuckin' need you more than ever." He belted, really getting into it as he danced and sang.

"Doesn't he have the voice of an angel?" Klaus asked from his spot on the sofa. He was nursing a glass close to his chest with Viktor beside him and Emery beside Viktor. Diego and Five sat in their own respective chairs. "Yeah, baby, hit those high notes. Sing it, baby!" Klaus lifted his hands in the air.

"Can't believe Luther's the first one of us that gets hitched." Diego said.

"I can." Viktor said. "I caught him marrying my action figures in like, third grade."

"Did not." Klaus exclaimed with a large smile. He poured himself another glass.

"This isn't how I pictured our bachelors' party, you know?" Diego said from his chair where he was smoking a cigar.

"Well, the world's running a little short on stripper and tea cakes right now." Klaus said.

"Just surprised you didn't invite Daddy Dearest to come join us." Five piped up.

"Oh, come on. He's such a kind and thoughtful soul." Klaus defended. "He's not like our Hargeeves Au contraire. But I'll admit I needed a break from the old dog."

"Total eclipse of the heart." Luther sang out, finishing the song with one knee on the ground and his face pointed toward heaven.

"Woo!" They all cheered for him, albiet the engagement levels could have been worked on a tad.

Luther dropped the microphone he was using and made his way over. "What're you SOBs so down in the mouth about? Come on, this is a party."

"I'm just so glad we got to go out with a big ol' bang while we still can." Klaus said, pouring Luther a drink. He stood up. "Hey, here's to us. We've had a hell of a run."

"Cheers." Everyone said, clinking their glasses together. Emery tipped his own glass back and tasted the salty tang of whiskey in the back of his throat. He didn't care. If the world was going to end, it was going to be with the repulsie tang of sour orange in his mouth.

"Okay, who's next?" Luther asked.

"Oh. That'd be me." Five said. "'Cause I have finally come to a decision."

"What's it finally gonna be maestro?" Klaus asked.

"It's gonna be a duet my friend." Five said, making his way up onto the makeshift stage and handing Klaus a mircrophone.

"Yay! I feel so special!"

"This is gonna be good." Luther said with a smile as they all sat back down, Emery taking Five's spot as he crossed his arms and prepared for a show.

"No karaoke is good. That's the point." Diego said.

"I've had the time of my life. No I never felt this way before." Five began. "Yes I swear. It's the truth. And I owe it all to you."

"Whoo! Alright!" Luther cheered.

"Voice of an angel Five!" Emery encouraged with a wide smile as Five playfully glared at him as he sang.

"I'm gonna miss this." Luther admitted.

"Not me. These guys are the worst." Viktor said with a smirk.