Seven

What's your favorite/lucky number?

"Okay, gather round, people. Where is— where's every— Where's Luther?" Five asked, barging through the doors of the Hotel. After Klaus had revealed the truth about his mother, Five had firmly placed his foot back on the gas and they sped all the way back.

"Haven't seen him."

"Who knows?"

"Anybody know where— Okay, you know what? We got bigger problems to worry about right now."

"Like what?" Allison asked.

"Like this." Five said, opening the book he had got from Klaus and flipping to a certain page. On it was a photo of a young woman. He flipped the page again and it revealed another woman, the headlines all linking to their strange deaths.

"Who are they?" Viktor asked.

"These are our mothers." Five kept flipping pages.

"That one's mine." Klaus said, pointing to one of them.

"They're all dead." Five said. "They all died on the exact same day, October 1st 1989."

"That's our birthday."

"Not anymore it isn't. They all died before we were born."

"That's dumb." Diego stated. "If we weren't born, how can we exist."

"Exactly."

"What are you saying?" Viktor asked.

"He's saying that we screwed up. Bad." Emery said as he sat down, winded though he hadn't ran at all. Was his mother- he looked around for the nearest telephone.

"I'm saying, when we jumped here, we created a time paradox. All right? And not just any paradox. This is the grandfather paradox." Five explained.

"What the hell is a grandfather paradox?" Klaus asked.

Five sighed. "Suppose there's a boy named Elmer- purely hypothetical. And little Elmer decides he hates his grandfather so he travels back in time and kills his grandfather. But he's made one grave mistake. He killed the old man too early so now his son, Elmer's mother, never met Elmer's father, therefore Elmer was never born. But he's still alive."

"I'm not following," Allison said.

"Just listen. Elmer is still alive though he shouldn't be and now the cycle continues which is what we call the grandfather paradox. It is the worst paradox known to humankind and it is detrimental and above all. Dangerous to the world."

"I'm so confused." Diego groaned as he tried to process everything.

"We'll, someone killed our mothers, so we shouldn't exist." Viktor briefed. "But clearly we do exist and the universe can't handle it, which is a problem."

"Big problem." Five agreed, coffee in hand.

"Stanley!" Diego called out, pointing a finger to his alleged son who was practicing... whatever it was he was doing. "Now is not the time to be doing karate, okay?"

"Yeah, well mom said I need to practice."

"Yeah, well, she's not wrong. You're very bad." Diego said.

"Yeah, well, I saved your pathetic ass."

"Okay, hold on." Allison said, bringing everyone's attention back to the issue at hand. "Five, so we caused a paradox. What does that mean?"

"It's hard to say. It's all theoretical until now, but things have started to disappear."

"What things?" Viktor asked.