Fifteen

What is your least favorite food?

"Congratulations." Five said, clinking glasses with Emery. "We've successfully saved the world three times."

"And avoided death several more." Emery cheered.

"Are you drinking?" Five asked, pausing with the rim of the glass touched to his lips though he never drank.

Emery shrugged. "Ben offered. I thought I may as well." He said, noticing Five's skeptical gaze. "Try at least." He clarified, tipping the glass back so it pushed past his lips and the cool liquor hit his lips, tongue, and finally down his throat. He held in a wince.

"How is it?" Five asked with a smirk.

"Delightful." Emery choked out, blindly handing Five his glass before the boy even had to ask. "So delightful in fact, that I'm giving the rest of it to you."

"Ah, I see." Five took a sip of the drink. "Of course." He smiled, not cringing back and barely batting an eye as he licked his lips for show.

"Emery, Five!" Lila said, coming over to them and slinging an arm over each of their shoulders so they supported her weight. "Lovebirds! Twizzler?"

"Sure, Lila." Five said, indulging the girl and taking one of the red string delights when she offered.

"I just wanted to let you know that you can be an arse sometimes but I still like you." She said.

"The feeling's mutual." Five said as he took a bite.

Lila clapped her hands and smiled wildly before bounding away in a haste, limbs moving this way and that as she drifted into the music and danced.

"Love ya!" She called out over her shoulder, dramatically pointing toward Five as she did the single ladies dance.

Five scoffed. "That's weird!" He called back over.

Lila blew him a kiss and sent it their way. Five caught it and pretended to chuck it away.

"Remember when we hated each other?" He asked, turning to Emery as he sipped idly.

"I think it was just an extreme disliking. We got into more arguments than fights. There's a difference."

Five raised a brow. "Are you justifying yourself, Lamont?"

"Absolutely not." Emery trailed off. "I completely am." He added with a smile.

He looked around fondly to see everyone getting along. Fei and Ben and Sloane were right in there with everyone else, talking and laughing and dancing, just having a good time. The mood was light with the knowledge that they had done it and the alcohol flees freely, most everyone clasping a full-fledged bottle in their hands instead of glasses. Luther popped a bottle of champagne and held it as it spurt and flew through the air wildly.

"We've come so far." Five mused as he watched the proceedings. "Not just as a family, but as people. I mean, look at Luther." He said.

Emery followed the boy's gaze as he watched the man swept up Sloane in his arms and danced with her around the room. Diego and Lila were doing the same, dancing off rhythm to their own fast-paced song and nursing their own bottles.

"You've come far too," Emery said. "You're actually working with everyone instead of against."

"Are you saying I've gone soft?"

"Is that such a bad thing?"

Five completed the question, swishing his drink in the glass. He took a sip. "No, I suppose not." He admitted.