Twenty-four

Which of the Hargreeves' power do you like the most/think is the best?

"Really? A samurai?" Ben said when they rounded the corner and came to a stop upon facing the thing that very well could have killed Luther. And boy if it didn't look like it wanted their heads on silver platters at that moment. 

Five nearly rolled his eyes. First the hotel changes, then he can't find Viktor or Allison and then he gets stuck with prick Ben and Sloane. He shifted, ready to take this thing down but then Sloane was crying out and bounding forward. Using her power to propel her into the air she jumped over the samurai and landed behind it where she raised her hands to block the blade that rose to end her. 

"Revenge looks good on her." Ben mused.

Five did roll his eyes then. "Would you shut up and help us kill this thing?" He said, already moving forward. He grabbed the axe hung up on the wall in case of emergencies and went to work, creeping up behind the monster as Sloane distracted it and raised it above his head. The only difference was that this time there was no guilt or remorse within Five that covered him when he brought the blade down in an elegant arc and struck home. 

The thing didn't even make a dent.

Five barely had time to draw his eyebrows together before the thing was turning on him and he was forced to move and roll out of the way. 

"I couldn't hold it anymore!" Sloane said, rushing to help Five up. The boy brushed her off, pushing himself up and shifting the weight of the axe between his hands. 

"Don't worry about it. Let's just kill this bastard." He said, grounding his teeth and lowering his stance when the samurai started charging toward them. 

Something told him that if an axe couldn't weaken the thing even in the slightest, they were going to be in trouble. 

And trouble they were. 

Even with Sloane and Five working together (with Ben watching safely from a distance), the samurai refused to fall. If anything, it appeared to be invigorated by the prospect of a bit of a challenge.

Five's hair was out of place; had fallen haphazardly into his face somewhere between his sixth and seventh blink and a thin layer of sweat now covered his forehead. If he lost energy now, he wouldn't be able to blink and with nothing but a sword, a brooding Ben who refused to help, and a distraught Sloane, it wouldn't be long until the samurai sword would inevitably be impaled in one of them. 

"Get into the room, now!" Five shouted out, dodging yet another blow before mustering the last of his dying strength to teleport into the adjacent room. Sloane and Ben joined a moment later, rushing in and blocking the door with their strength as Five rushed to slot a long board of look between the door handles to buy them some time. 

Needless to say, it didn't buy them much.

One or two breaths was all they got before the wood exploded into splinters and the door flooded open, the monster in the hall stepping in. 

It walked forward deliberately, twirling its sword and readjusting its grip. It was toying with them. The thought made Five mad. He wanted then and there to abandon all reason and give it a reason not to underestimate them but he knew his mind wasn't the most of reliable of places right now. What with the loss of Emery, Luther, Klaus, and now a fucking samurai coming at them like they were its last meal, he wasn't exactly thinking straight.

Sloane, the ever vigilant pushed Five and Ben back, and then she herself was pushing forward, using her momentum to push off the wall and into the air when the monster's back was turned. Five watched, regaining his balance and knees bent, as the guardian turned just as Sloane was descending and let its sword fly in such a manner that it cut clean across her abdomen and sent her tumbling to the ground. She did not get up.