Chapter 9

Before Damien has anytime to answer him his dad grabs him by the collar and throws him to the side. He walks towards me and Jen throws herself in the way but he just pushes her aside as well. I start shaking and I have no clue what to do. Damien's dad then gets to me and grabs me by my hair. I cry out in pain and try to remove his hand. He then drags me into the living room and holds me in front of them. Damien trys to crawl to me but his father gives him one look and he stays near his mother. Jen is still shaking but she is calming Damien down. I look back at his dad and he has this crazy look in his eyes.

"You are not good for my son," he says pointing to me, "I don't know how you got out of that room and out the house but I don't think that was part of your training. Was it?"

I look at him terrified.

"I SAID WAS IT!" He yells and pulls my hair even harder.

"N....no sir," I say.

"You have five seconds to tell me a good reason why I shouldn't take you back to that facility," he says.

I think of all the possibilities in my head and none of them are good. I haven't really done any things to deserve Damien.

"Five."

He starts the count down and I look at Damien.

"Four."

Damien looks angry and helpless. His dad pulls my hair harder.

"Three."

I let out a scream and start to cry. His dad pulls me toward kitchen.

"Two."

Damien shrugs off his mother and starts charging toward his dad.

"One."

Damien makes contact with his dad and all three of us hit the floor. His dad lets go of my hair and pushes Damien off him. I crawl toward Jen but his dad grabs me by the ankle.

"You are not getting away missy. You have changed my son and not for the better. He was never like this! I am taking you back to the facility to get fixed!" His dad says.

His dad gets up and pulls me by my arm toward the door. I try to resist but he is too strong for me. His dad then opens the door but before we could walk outside Damien yells.

"NO!"

His dad throws me on the grass and he turns to face Damien.

"Why are you trying to take her away from me? I thought you got her for me? She hasn't even been here for month and you try to take her back. Can't you see she has made me happy? You are the one who has been disrespecting her since she has gotten here. She has never did anything wrong. It's you that's making me this way. Why are you throwing her and mom around like rag dolls? You were the one who taught me not to hit girls. You said I have changed, how about you!" Damien yells at him.

" She is not right for you, I kn-

"How do you know what is right for me?" He asks.

"Damien I kn-

"Don't you dare say my name like you care." Damien says.

"Damien stops cutting me off! I am taking her back to the facility so she can be fixed and that is final!" His dad says.

"So you are taking away another girl in my life?" Damien says.

"What do you mean Damien?" His father asks.

"Well you are the only one who knows where Kim went and then she suddenly disappears so you must have taken her somewhere!" Damien says.

"Do not bring your sister up. This is not the time." His father says lowly.

"No I think now is the best time! Since we have mom and Sawn here I think we all deserve to know where she is." He says.

"Damien!" His father yells.

"Father!" Damien yells.

His father then turns around and pulls me towards the car. Damien runs to me and grabs me pulling me with my other arm.

"Damien let go." His father says.

"Not until you tell me where Kimberly is," he says.

I start to realize that they are both distracted and I pull my arms away from both of them. I start to run toward the house and they both run after me. I mouth a quick sorry to Damien and slam the door shut locking it. They both bang on the door yelling at me to let them in.

"Not until you both sort this out!" I yell.

"You were the cause of this young lady!" His dad says and the same time Damien says, "Sawn!"

It's funny I was terrified and crying a few minutes ago, now I feel very confident and powerful. They both bang on the door and scream for me to let them in for awhile. But then, I hear silence so I guess they gave up and went to talk. Jen comes behind me and I jump forgetting she was there.

" Sorry to scare you dear but what you did was very bold," she says.

"Well it felt like I needed to do it so they could get some closure," I answer.

"I know Bill and either this will end well or terrible. Let's hope for the second option ok?" She says walking toward the kitchen.

"Alright let us hope," I say following her.

We decide to make food for when they come home. I grabbed some rice and boiled it in hot water while Jen chopped up some sausages. She put them on a grill and I made some vegetables to go with the meal. When we finished making everything we set them on plates and brought them to the table. That is when Damien and Bill decided to make an appearance. They knocked on the door and Jen went to open it. Damien came in first and sat right at the table. Bill came in and went to the kitchen to get a beer. Jen went to Bill and silently started talking to him. I went to Damien and he had this far away look in his eyes.

"Damien are you alright? Did you and your dad make up?" I asked him.

He just looked at me and then back at the food.

"Damien!" I say shaking him softly.

"I feel like I don't know him anymore Sawn. He didn't want to talk about Kim or anything important for that matter! He talked about the family business and how I need to take over it eventually. I don't want to Sawn!" He says looking me in the eyes.

I search for words but I have nothing to say to that. I was about to hug him but he stands and pushes me away.

"Right you wouldn't understand, you don't even have a dad or a family even." He says and then walks upstairs. He slams his door shut.

I process his words and he is right. I don't have a family, I was taken away from all that when I was five and thrown into this facility business. I did not ask for all this to happen to me but it did. I thought this was going to be my new family but it seems as if no one wants me here. I do not know what to do anymore, I am not good enough.

I hear a door slam and it snaps me out of my thoughts. Jen comes over to me and says that the talk did not go well. Bill is angry at Damien for not wanting to get in on the family business. I asked Jen what the family business was but she does not know. I guess Bill is just that secretive. I look back at the table and see all the food still there. I take two plates and bring one upstairs to Damien's room. I knock on the door and leave it on the floor. I bring the other to Bill and Jen's room and. I knock and leave it on the floor. I then go downstairs and help Jen clean up the rest of the food.

I eat my plate and tell Jen I can clean the rest. She goes upstairs and I clean the rest of the food and kitchen. I then lay on the couch and slowly close my eyes.

"Oh Damien," I say then fall into a dreamless sleep.

-----------------------------------------

Poor Sawn....

You know what to do!

~See ya soon