Chapter 12

Damien pulls up to this fancy hotel and parks. We get out and he grabs our bags from the trunk. We walk in and the receptionist automatically puts a smile to her face.

"Hello, how may I help you sir?" She asks nicely.

"A penthouse please, one bedroom." Damien says.

"Ok one moment please." She says typing away on her computer.

"So your room number is 123 and here is your key." She says handing him the card.

"Thanks, let's go Sawn." He says taking the key and heading to the elevator.

I press the button to get onto the elevator and we wait until the doors open up. We head toward our floor and continue toward our room. Damien unlocks the door and the room was huge. It had everything a house had except smaller. Damien brings our suitcases to the bedroom and I sit on the couch.

Damien comes and sits next to me and sighs. I put my hand on his knee for comfort. He looks at me and pulls me in for a hug.

"Damien I know you are upset at your dad but did we really have to leave Jen behind?" I ask him.

He lets go of me and rubs his face, " Sawn my mother will be fine."

"How can you be so sure Damien?" I ask him seriously.

"My dad loves her, he wouldn't hurt her." Damien says.

"Really? Then why when she mentioned Kim he slapped her!" I said angrily.

"HE WHAT?!" Damien yelled standing up.

"Yes Damien he slapped her! Just like he slapped me! Your father is an unstable man and your mother is not safe with him!" I yell at him.

Damien paces in front of the couch and I cross my arms. He suddenly stops and looks defeated.

"What do you suppose we do Sawn? We can't just go back and take her." He says.

"Yes we can! She is your mother Damien, you have to help her! Lord knows what your father is doing to her right now!" I yell.

"You don't understand Sawn. You know nothing about my father but the fact that he hit my mother once and has anger issues. There is way more to him then that. If we go back there now there is no guarantee that we will even make it back to this penthouse. We are safe here Sawn." He says.

"Stop telling me I don't understand! I have seen enough of your father's actions to know what kind of person he is. If you think I haven't then make me understand why you are so afraid to go back there. What is stopping you from going to get your mother and take her away from him. Why Damien why? Make me understand." I plead with him.

He looks at with anger and then his eyes soften a bit. The anger is still evident in his eyes though.

"Where did all this confidence come from Sawn?" Damien asks.

I look at him in confusion. Then I look at how I am sitting. My fists are clenched and my legs look like they are ready to jump up. I am leaning in towards Damien and I can feel myself slowly losing it.

I shake it off and go back to sitting properly. I try to calm myself down and Damien sits back down next to me.

He grabs my hands and leans in kissing me softly. I return the favor and suddenly we start this huge make-out session. He pushes me back against the couch and that is when I realize what he is trying to do.

I stop kissing him and push him off me with all my might. He falls off the couch and I stand up.

"You gave me this confidence Damien, and you don't know much about your father. He has hit Jen more than once." I say then run into the bedroom and locking it.

I walk toward the bed and lay on it staring at the ceiling. Damien bangs on the door yelling at me to open it. I don't pay any attention to him and just stare at the white ceiling above me.

I don't know what has go into me. Damien has changed me so much and it has not even been more than a month. It's like all the training my facility taught me went out the window. I am actually speaking for myself I love it. I bet this is how the regular girls feel all the time. I do not want to let this feeling go.

Now it is time to get some answers.

I get up and open the door. Damien comes charging in and I cross my arms.

"I need answers Damien." I say.

"What Sawn now that you got some confidence you think you can boss me around?" Damien says.

"No, I just want to know why you don't want to go back to the house." I say.

Damien walks over to the bed and sits on it. He pats the bed next to him and I stay put.

"I'm not moving until you answer me Damien." I say

Damien mumbles something that I can't hear.

"What?" I ask.

He mumbles it again.

"I can't hear you, speak up." I say leaning toward him.

"His company!" Damien yells.

I gasp feeling stupid for not thinking about that. But I don't know what his company is capable of or what it even is.

"Damien what kind of company dies your father have?" I ask him.

"I can't tell you." He says shaking his head.

"You have to work with me. We can't solve anything if you leave me in the dark. Now what kind of company does your father run?" I ask him again.

"You will be very upset Sawn. He even wanted me to be apart of it." He says lowly.

"Damien his company can't be that bad. Just tell me." I say walking to him and putting my hand on his shoulder.

"No Sawn. I'm not going to tell you." He says getting up and leaving the room.

I follow him out and he starts to put on his jacket. He puts on his shoes and grabs his keys.

"Where are you going?" I ask him.

"For a drive." He says opening the door and slaming it on his way out

I stand there shocked beyond belief. I cannot believe that he just left me. What am I suppose to do now? How rude of him just to leave in the middle of our argument. Why can't he just tell me what kind of company his father runs?

I walk over to the couch and sit on it. I then decide to lay on it and I stare at the ceiling.

Why can't Damien just trust me?

----------------------------------

Well Sawn had changed...

What kind of company does Damien's father run?