Chapter 5

After we cleaned up everything we went to bed. Yes I went to bed in his room and yes we slept in the same bed. Right now his arm is wrapped around me and I am staring at the clock. I don't want to move cause then I would wake him. So I resorted to the clock for entertainment. It reads 8:30 am and I believe it is Saturday. I don't know how much longer Damien will be asleep but I will wait.

A few minutes later I feel Damien pull me closer and starts to kiss my neck. I turn to him and say good morning. He responds with a grunt. I guess he doesn't feel like talking. He opens his eyes and he stares at me with a smile on his face. We look at each other for a long time before the door bursts open.

"Damien where is Sawn? She needs to do the chores with Jen," Damein's dad asks.

"Good morning to you to," Damien murmurs.

"What was that?" He asks.

"Nothing," Damien answers.

"Now where is Sawn?" He asks.

"I'm here sir," I say.

"Ah Sawn now was I talking to you?" Damien's dad says.

I sit up. "No sir"

"Then you don't speak," he says.

I nod and get up to go help Jen before Damein grabs my wrist.

"She isn't going anywhere," Damien says.

"Damien she has to help your mom clean the house," Damein's dad says losing patience.

"She isn't a house maid," he says.

"No but it's her job now to clean, cook, and treat our needs!" Damein's dad shouts.

"Our?!" Damien shouts getting up off the bed.

I awkwardly move toward the corner slowly scared to see what might happen between Damien and his dad.

"Damien you know what I mean," his dad says rubbing his temples.

"No I don't Dad, I could have sworn you bought Sawn for me," Damien says.

"Yes but she has to do her part around the house," Damein's dad says.

"Last time I checked you aren't the boss of her. I am," Damien says walking towards me.

"Oh but I can take her away from you in an instant," Damein's dad says.

Damein turns to his dad so quickly I thought he would have gotten whiplash.

"You wouldn't," Damien says coldly.

"I would Damien," His dad says walking towards me.

His dad pushes past Damien and grabs me by the arm. I flinch and look at Damien for help. Damien's head is down in defeat. His dad hauls me out into the hallway. He shuts the door behind him.

"Now I don't know what you have done for Damien to think you have a say in anything. But you will obey the rules of this household or you will go back to the facility to be fixed," Damien's dad says shoving me towards the stairs.

I catch myself before falling and go down the stairs. I see Jen in the living room dusting the TV. I walk over to her and ask what I can do to help.

"Oh hun did my husband make you help me?" Jen asks.

I nod.

"Oh dear and look at your arm it's starting to bruise. We need to get you an ice pack, come follow me," she says walking toward the fridge.

I follow her and she takes an ice pack out the fridge. She puts it on my arm and tells me to keep it there for a couple of minutes.  Then she goes back to the living room to finish dusting.

*******************

I sit there for about 30 mintues until she comes back and tells me to remove it. I remove it to reveal a small bruise on my arm.

"Well let me just get you a band-aid, stay here." Jen says walking out the kitchen.

I sit there for a while getting kind of suspicious because Jen hasn't returned in a while. I decide to get up and look for her. As I walk towards the bathroom I hear voices.

"Why do you need a first-aid kit? Did you hurt yourself?" The voice questions.

"No I just need some of that wrapping stuff for the kitchen," a voice responds.

I recognize the voice as Jen's.

"Don't lie to me Jen. You would not need something you wrap your leg with for the kitchen. Why did you need the first-aid kit?" The voice questions their voice rising.

"I-I-I did hurt myself! I was picking up papers and gave myself a paper cut," Jen says.

"Don't lie to me!" The voice shouts.

I hear a slap and then a whimper.

"Now are you going to tell me why you need the first- aid kit Jen? We don't keep secrets in this house," The voice says.

"Really then why did you keep where Kim was a secret?" Jen questions angrily.

I hear another slap even harder than the other. This time Jen shouts.

"We never will speak about her again!" The voice says harshly.

I hear Jen start to cry and I can't take it anymore.

"Jen was just helping me! She was getting me a band-aid because I have a bruise on my arm!" I say showing my bruise.

"You! How much did you hear and don't lie to me girl!" Damien's dad says rushing toward me.

"Only a little," I say.

"LIES!" He says slapping me.

I scream and fall to the floor in pain. No one has ever slapped me that hard. Then he picks me up off the floor and drags me upstairs into a room.

"You are staying in here for the remainder of the day. Enjoy the daylight while you can because it gets really dark in here at night," Damien's dad says throwing me to the floor.

I look up at him with tears in my eyes and he shuts the door on my face locking it behind him. I look around the room and there is only a worn out mattress in the corner. No lights anywhere or drawers. There isn't a bathroom either. I crawl toward the mattress and lay on top. It isn't very comfortable.  I start to close my eyes before I hear someone slamming into the door. I sit up and then I hear Damien yell for me.

"Sawn!" He shouts.

"Damien!" I shout and start to cry even harder.

"Sawn I will get you out of there!" He says.

"She can't get out Damien. I am the only one who has the key to the room," I hear Damien's dad say.

"You son of a-

I hear a thud.

"Damein!" I shout.

"I don't tolerate that type of language in my house," Damien's dad says.

"I don't give a-

I hear another thud.

"Damien stop!" I shout crying my eyes out reaching for the door.

I get up and look through the little hole on the door knob. I can't see anything because Damien's dad is in the way.

"Fine I'll stop but I'm going to get Sawn out of that room," Damien says.

"Is that a challenge?" Damien's dad asks.

"That's a promise," Damien says.

----------------------------------------------------------

Hi again!

Who loves Damien?

Who hates Damien's dad?

Poor Jen....

And who's kim?

Vote!
Comment!
Fan!