Asking Out For A Date Wid Miss Shehnaaz!!

During the dinner, the kids were enjoying their meals while SidNaaz glanced at each other discretly, they avoided any embarassement direct look or talk about what happen earlier. They just foccused on feeding the kids and exchanging some few and cordial words.

They all were walking, and the kids were happy laughing and talking to each other while the adult remained silent. Sidharth didn't know how to engage conversation and her rude and cold behaviour didn't help him that much. But, he didn't want to leave her now and to be away from her.

-kids, what about eating ice-cream now ? Sidharth suggested to the kids

-yeaahhh, both screamed

-Mr Shaikh, it's not healthy and it's cold now.

-Miss Shehnaaz, please, see how they are happy, don't spoil everything

-spoil everything ? Are you for real ? Eating ice-cream by this weather, the kids will fall sick, Are you a bit responsible, Mr Shaikh ? Shehnaaz shouted at him, letting out all her exasperation on him.

Sidharth looked at her suprised and showed her with his eyes the kids. Shehnaaz was suddenly aware that she increased her voice and both of the kids looked a bit scared. She sighed loudly.

-I'm sorry, she said more for the kids than for him, let's GO for ice-cream, she said in defeat

-really mum ? Asked Sarah

-yes, really, but just one, she warned

Sarah and Salim ran to their parents holding them happily. Sidharth looked at her and said silently

-thank you

-I hate you, she replied silently and he smiled at her.

-but mum, please don't cry when you will eat the ice-cream

-why you say that Sarah ?

-because you always cry when you eat ice-cream, replied sadly Sarah, Shehnaaz closed Sarah's mouth and said to Sidharth.

-Kids and ...

-their imagination, he finished and Shehnaaz nodded nervously.

He was sure that what he felt was true, the sadness in her eyes was real, he didn't imagine it. He stared at her back and thought : what is your secret, Miss Shehnaaz  ?

Both were sitting on the bench looking at their kids playing in the small park. They sat here , in silent eating their ice-cream.

-Mr Shaikh  ?

-yes ? He was happy that shehnaaz engaged a conversation

-no, let it be, it's nothing, she shook her head in denial

-no tell me, please, Sidharth insisted

-if you don't need to answer, you don't have to, ok ? He nodded, you know how kids like to draw and Salim always draw a house, his teddy bear and a picture frame of his parents, as he said. He never draw a total figure, I was wondering, he never saw his mother ? I know I'm intrusive, I didn't have to ask this, it's just that...

-he never saw her, she died giving birth to Salim, he looked straight, the only thing we have,  it's picture and he has a frame near his bed. He never asked anything about her and when I wanted to talk about her, he always change the subject or he went away. I know that he need a mother, and I know that I'm not always with him, but I do my best. That's why I may look irresponsible, telling some weird stories, he laughed sadly, but I just want to see him always smiling, even if I have to act like a child or like a numb. Until he laugh, I'll keep doing it. But I guess, it's not enough, he closed his eyes supressing some tears.