Chapter 13

We arrived at my mother's house to find her, my brother, Jake and Liam already there.

"Hey, guys. What you doing here?" I asked.

My brother looked at me with an 'are you serious?' look, "Are you kidding me its all over the news?"

"Yeah, I figured it would be after Cole heard Margaret tell me," I admitted.

My phone went off stopping my brother from responding I put it to my ear without checking the caller ID.

"What the hell, is going on?" Charles asked down the phone.

I scoffed, "Like you don't know."

"I honestly have no idea where the idea came from that I'm fighting for custody of Trent," he reasoned.

I pulled the paper out the envelope just to double check and sure enough there was his signature, "You signed the papers."

"I can assure you I never this is the first I'm hearing of it when a reporter turned up wanting a comment on my actions," Charles tried to convince me he sounded as if he was telling the truth that confused me, I am standing looking at his signature on the papers.

I sighed before answering, " Your mother informed me this morning you wanted Trent and then I was served with court papers no less than an hour ago."

"She didn't," he growled and hung up. Guess he was going to have a word with mommy dearest.

Turning to look at everyone I was met with a mixture of confused faces but my mom broke the silence first, "What did he say?"

"He had no idea about it. Thought it was me who had come up with it." I told her.

My brother nearly choked, "Thought it was you, you're the one who determined for Trent to have both parents in his life."

"So, what are we going to do?" Liam asked while Jayden and Jake nodded in agreement.

I smiled when he said 'we' knowing I had there support meant a lot, "Charles is going to speak to his mother." I relieved to them.

My phone buzzed at that moment informing me I had a text, I opened it but wished I hadn't it read: 'game on, bitch. Love Charles x.' Guess his mother got to him. I frowned only to have the phone snatched out my hand by Jayden as he read out the message.

"Guess this means war, eh?" Jake asked of no one in particular.

Why would he do this? Trent needs his mum and dad. I raised my head to meet my Tatiana's eyes and stated, "I can't loose him he's all I have left."

She nodded knowing this meant we had to come up with a game plan. I could see she already started scheming by the wicked look in her eye.

"Sweetheart, it'll be ok," my mother tried to comfort me by pulling me into a hug.

Jake turned on the TV where the news was on and as usual it was about Charles and I. The headline came along the bottom of the screen about Charles statement on the custody battle.

"Turn it up," I shrieked at Jake.

He turned it up so we could hear the reporter and Charles.

"Mr. Van Der Houston, what do you say to claims that you applied for full custody of your son?" the reporter enquired.

Charles smiled a cold chilling smile, "I would say they are true. My son deserves to grow up with the perks of being a Van Der Houston."

My brother began shouting obscenities at the screen but I was more interested in the location of the interview he was at Trent's school.

"What is he doing at the school?" I exclaimed it wasn't time to pick Trent up yet.

My question was quickly answered as he allowed the camera crew to follow him through the school to Trent's classroom. Charles swanned in as if he owned the place and told Trent to get his stuff they were leaving. I watched as Trent looked confused and then seen the cameraman which only added to his confusion.

"I don't want to go. It isn't even lunchtime yet." Trent begged his father.

One of the other kids stood up from his chair and pointed at Trent before saying "Look Trent needs his daddy to come and pick him up from the classroom and hold his hand walking down the corridor." This caused all the other children to laugh and point at him while his eyes filled with tears.

I never even thought about what I was doing I grabbed my purse and ran for the car before I knew it I was in the car heading to Trent's school. I pulled up outside to see the reporters still there informing me Charles and Trent were still in the building.

As I got out the car I heard one reporter say "Ooh this is about to get interesting," as there camera followed my movements as I walked into the school. I made my way to Trent's classroom only to be stopped halfway by James.

"Aunt Bella, Trent locked himself in the bathroom stall," he told me leading me to the bathroom Trent was in.

The door was crowded with teachers trying to get a look in, "Excuse me," and the all parted like the red sea allowing me to march right down the middle followed by James.

Charles was standing outside the stall with a frustrated look as he banged on the door yelling at Trent to come out.

"Well that's not going to help," I said bringing his attention to me.

He grimaced before addressing me, "What are you doing here?"

"Are you kidding me this is broadcast all over the news the way you barged in here demanding things from our son," I clarified for him.

The stall door opened slightly revealing Trent with a tear stricken face before he mumbled, "Mummy, can I come home with you?"

"Yeah, sweetie, you can," I said opening my arms for him to run into which he didn't hesitate to do. I lifted Trent up as he cried into my shoulder and turned to walk out the bathroom sending one last glare over my shoulder at my ex-husband before leaving.

..................................................................................................

Vote.Comment.Follow