Chapter 19

I awoke still wrapped in Liam's arms, he was still asleep I lifted his arm and snuck out of the bed. I looked back to see him snuggling into the pillows at this I had to stifle my laughter, he looked so adorable sleeping peacefully. I needed to pee so I headed to the bathroom to relieve myself and brush my teeth.

I walked back out into the bedroom just as Liam was waking up, "Where have you been?" he mumbled looking adorably confused.

"Bathroom," I told him.

He just nodded then lay back down going back to sleep at this I did giggle, how could he just go back to sleep like that. Never matter I need to get ready for today, I need to look my best I told myself as I grabbed my robe and headed to the shower.

In the shower I felt the urge to cry again but I held back knowing I had to be strong today if not for me then for Trent, he needed me today. I quickly washed up and headed out of the shower to the bedroom to pick out my outfit.

Liam was still sleeping sprawled across the bed as I made my way to the walk-in closet. I picked out black high-waisted suit trousers along with a white short sleeve blouse and underwear. I got dressed in the closet before heading to the dressing table to put my face on.

My eyes were red and puffy from all the crying I did last night, I did my best covering it up making myself look professional putting my long brunette hair up in a high ponytail.

Before picking out jewelry and shoes I woke up Liam, "Hurry up we have just over an hour until we leave."

"Ok I'll be thirty minutes tops," he shouted as he ran to the shower, nearly tripping in his haste.

I laughed as I put on my black heels at his antics. I chose some gold bracelets and earrings to match my outfit.

At that moment Trent burst into the room and came to a halt in front of me waving two ties around, "What one?" he asked me.

"The blue one, darling, it goes with your suit," I answered. He smiled up at me racing out the room to get dressed.

Might as well get breakfast I thought as I descended the steps. I walked into the kitchen to see my mother eating her muesli at the island.

"Morning, how did you sleep?" I enquired as I poured myself coffee and got out a cereal bar.

She smiled sadly at me as she got up to rinse her bowl and replied, "As well as I could seen as my only daughter could be losing her son today to a bunch of monsters."

I winced at my mother's words reminding me of the events of today she must of realized as she quickly put in, "Sorry I didn't mean to upset you."

"No, it's fine. It's reality, sadly" I said as I bit into my cereal bar.

Trent came charging into the kitchen looking adorable in his little black suit accompanied by his navy blue tie.

"Grandma look, I'm all dressed up. What do you think?" he rushed at my mother causing me to laugh.

My mum smiled down at him and ruffled his hair before saying, "You look handsome, little man."

"Who's this little gentleman?" Tatiana questioned walking into the kitchen with Jayden following behind.

Trent grinned, "It is me, aunt Tatiana."

"No it's not. The Trent I know wears jeans and t-shirts," Tatiana joked with him.

Jayden stepped around the pair and went over to mum and hugged her in greeting before turning to me.

"How are you doing, little sis?" he asked watching for my reaction.

I tried to grin but settled with a polite smile, as I replied, "I'll be better when this is over."

Jayden pulled me into a bone-crushing hug giving me his strength and support.

"Hey, guys," Jake said as he entered with his wife, Anna, at his side.

I stepped away from Jayden and smiled up at him letting him know I was ok then went over to greet Jake and Anna.

I hugged Jake saying, "Thank you for doing this. You have no idea how grateful I am."

"No problem," he responded releasing me.

My smile grew as I turned to my long-time friend Anna and squealed as I pulled her into a hug and asked her, "Where you been, misses?"

She laughed letting me go, "I missed you, guys."

"We missed you too," I told her as Liam came into the kitchen.

Liam greeted his brother and his wife and Jayden and Tatiana before making himself something to eat, which gained him some odd looks from Jake and Anna.

"I stayed here last night," he said in explanation.

"Wow, everyone's here good its time to go," my lawyer informed us while entering.

Trent ran over to me grabbing my hand, knowing this would be the decision of his fate he was scared. Liam led the way behind the lawyer with Jake and Anna following on then my mom and brother leaving Tatiana, Trent and I in the kitchen.

"You'll be ok," Tatiana tried to reassure me hugging onto my side leading Trent and I out to the car.

The courthouse looked bigger than I remembered it, but maybe that was just because I had nothing to fear before. In this building everything would be decided.

The courtroom was already full with people when we entered I had left my family outside to follow my lawyer to my seat, up front. Charles looked immaculate in his suit sitting next to his lawyer.

"We will begin," The judge started shushing everyone.

My lawyer stood up to present my case, " Your honour it is no secret that Ms. Van Gard is a good mother she has proven this time and time again and she is putting forward the case to have partial custody of her son."

"Partial custody? Ok lets move on I would like to hear from the child himself," she stated.

Trent stood up and followed the man to the witness box and looked at me for reassurance in which I smiled at him letting him know it was okay.

"Trent Van Der Houston, the child in question, who do you want to live with?" she asked him.

"Mummy, please don't make me live with him," Trent pleaded pointing to his father before bursting into tears. I couldn't even remember standing up all I remember is the guard stopping me from getting to my son as he sat there and cried his eyes out.

.......................................................................................

Vote.Comment.Follow