29. d o o m d a y s

may 15. 1986

bea rushed in, closing the door behind her. the trailer park was mostly empty right now with most residents being at work. it was like a ghost town outside. she snatched a bag from the rack next to the door.

"you ready to go?" she asked, frantically shoving valuables into a bag. she grabbed the emergency bag out of the linen closet. "we have to leave now."

will stands up. "i'm ready."

beatrice slings the bag over her shoulder, peering out the window. "whatever you don't have, i can just get you. tilly is already with peter. your friends followed us, i can't all of them at once right now."

she could try but it was twelve against two. no matter what she did, there was always another person on standby to strike. fighting created more of a risk of getting caught or killed. she knew they definitely wouldn't hesitate to kill her now and claim will as possessed or crazy. she wouldn't let them.

"alright. let's go," will says, following her to the door.

bea begins to unlock the door before freezing. an eerie silence filled the air. neither of them wanted to move. will looked through a small crack in the blinds of the window next to the door. he saw them emerge.

bea connect herself to peter.

'help.'

she whispered to will, "quietly run to my room. i'll be right behind you. peter will be here soon."

will nodded. with bea on his back, he made it to her room. bea slowly opened the sliding closet doors and they hid themselves. she lifts a finger to her lips. they were closing in on the trailer.

will and bea sat on the floor of the closet. will hid his face in his knees. bea wrapped an arm around his shoulders and pulled him close to comfort him.

will was not scared to admit it, he was fucking terrified. what was going to happen if he was caught? what was going to happen if bea was caught?

the possibilities filled his head. he just wanted all the noise to stop. he focused on bea's whisperings.

"it's okay, will. everything is going to be okay. he's coming for us. we'll be home soon," she whispered as she rocked will back and forth slightly.

will calmed down a bit. bea repeated herself over and over. she couldn't tell who she was trying to convince, will or herself.

a muffled yell leaks through the walls. "come on out!"

peter dropped whatever was in his hand as soon as he received her message. he ran straight out the door.

he sprinted through the woods to the nearest gate. he raised his hands and summoning the nearest creatures. the demobats swarmed behind him, hissing. the demobats were the least lethal but it was the only thing he could think of in the moment.

'i'm coming. hold tight.'

"move in," hopper sighs over the walkie. a chorus of 'copy' sounded over the line.

eleven began to slowly collapse the trailer.

"careful for will," mike whispered to her.

mike knew for sure bea tricked will into joining her. she needed to be controlled. he somehow convinced everyone that this was a good idea. take what vecna loves, leave him vulnerable.