33. g e n e s i s

august 20, 1986

"so will, when two people decide to do the devil's tango, a baby can be made," eddie explained as the two walked into the living room. "and when we left to go find another dodecahedron, bea and peter-"

will's face contorted in disgust. "ew. i know, eddie." his face scrunched up again. "i don't want to think about bea and peter...bleh!"

"i'm ninety-nine percent sure that peter purposefully lost our dodecahedron," eddie laughed, flopping down on one of the couches. he cupped his hands around his mouth to accentuate the sound. "bea! we are ready to watch!"

will sits down on the other side of the couch. bea and peter shuffle in sitting on the other couch.

"alright, alright, go put in the movie," she responds, pointing to the vhs player.

will sighs, seeing no one else get up, and puts the movie in.

bea throws two blankets at the boys who happily accept them. she cuddles up with peter and pulls a purple blanket over them. bea rests her head on his chest as he sits up a bit.

"i could get use to this," she whispers to peter.

he looks down at her, content that she is happy. "yeah?"

"yeah," she smiles, turning her attention back to the movie.

september 7, 1986

bea was somewhat content at the moment. she had a strange feeling hovering in her gut that was putting her off. she tried to convince herself she was just being paranoid, but she was unsure.

she had to go into town to see her doctor today. she couldn't bring the boys to keep them safe. peter was going with her though. what was the worst that could happen?

bea held peter's hand as they walked down the overworld streets. they tried to disguise themselves as much as they could. they anxiously looked around making sure no one suspicious came to hurt either of them.

they finally reached her doctor's office. it was cold and the waiting room was empty.

"name?" the front desk lady asked bea.

bea looked into the windowed area. "oh, beatrice francis."

the lady looked down the list. "okay, i got you signed in. now," she hands her a clip board. "just fill this out. the doctor will come and get you when he's ready."

bea nodded and sat in the waiting room, peter following suit. her leg bounced, nervously as she wrote.

'what if the baby dies? what if there is something wrong? what if there is no child? i'm really fucking stressed right now. i really wish i could have a glass of wine,' her thoughts raced. 'i hate the way the smell reminds me of the lab.'

peter put his hand on her bouncing leg, trying to calm her down. she looked in his eyes. she swore she wanted to drown in his beautiful orbs. he always made her feel better. she intertwined her fingers with his and leaned in closer.

"beatrice francis!" the doctor called.

she looked up. she grabbed her purse and peter and bea proceeded in.