35. c h e r r y w a v e s

september 8, 1986

"this is fucking insane."

"i didn't think this was actually going to work. if he finds us, we are dead."

"no, dipshit, everything is fine...i think."

her vision was blurry, she couldn't figure out where she was. she could hear shuffling around her. she couldn't tell peter where she was. as her vision cleared, she tried pushing through to him, but she couldn't. something was blocking it.

she looked around. she was in a sort of glass cell in a laboratory. she knew this laboratory. the surrounding areas were darkened, but she knew someone was there. she was trapped again. she pulled herself up to her feet and pounded on the glass.

"let me out, you fuckin' pieces of shit! this is not fucking funny!" she screamed. she needed to get out. she cried as the walls felt like they were closing in on her. a high pitched whine attacked her ears, silencing her cries as she fell to the floor in pain. she knew this familiar feeling.

[REDACTED], 1965

bea hated training. one day peter and bea were training and bea felt so tired that she felt ill.

"i'm tired," she complained under her breath. peter stayed resilient as he always did. he knew if brenner heard him, he would get in trouble.

unfortunately for bea, brenner heard her. he turned to his men and commanded them to her. "take the girl."

"wait!" peter tried stop them men, but nothing helped.

"silence, one. unless you want to join two," he sneered.

peter fell silent, looking at bea with sympathetic eyes. she understood. the men dragged her into a room with a glass cell in the middle. they threw her in and she screamed for help. she wanted out. she felt like the walls were closing in. suddenly a high pitched sound pierced her ears.

"help me! please!" she cried, banging on the glass. she crumbled to the floor as the scientists watched.

peter heard her screams as he was sent back to his room. he could feel his heart shatter. why couldn't he do anything?

the pain seemed to be never ending. the noise never subsided. she screamed, gripping her ears. she felt as if her head was collapsing in on itself.

september 8, 1986

she could sense them all around her. the very people that betrayed her. that turned their back on her. they were hiding in the darkness, all eyes on her. she was like an animal in a zoo.

"we don't want to hurt you or your baby, beatrice, but we need you to cooperate," the old sheriff spoke, putting his hands on his hips.

bea scoffed, brushing herself off. "that insinuates that you plan to hurt my child. fuck. off."

joyce came close to the pane of glass nearest to bea, keeping bea separate from her. "where's my boy?"

bea laughed. "like you guys care. if you must know, he is home, happy," she spat.

she taunted them. to see them pissed, made this worth it. she was going to be tortured for information, what was so wrong with trying to have a bit of fun?

"you bitch," joyce yelled, banging on the glass.

hopper grabs her arm, pulling her back. "that's enough of that. settle down, detective demanding."