~ 𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐓𝐡𝐫𝐞𝐞 ~

"Marcus is hiding something..." Ben crowed, setting his food next to the leg of his chair. "If he wasn't, he'd be all relaxed but he seemed in a hurry." he turned to the rest of his siblings, scanning every one of them. From the bloated-bellied Alphonso to the icy cold stare of Dahlia. "Fei, send a raven," The sun-glassed girl just scoffed as she sat up straight. "And since when did you become the boss of us?" 

"Because you all know that I'd make a better Number One. Dad is an idiot to think Marcus would be a better leader," Dahlia resisted the urge to groan, her posture slumping as she slid slightly off the couch. For years, she watched as he threw temper tantrums over not being Number One, though he had his chance once... until he screwed it up.

FLASHBACK BEGINS...

March 19th, 2013

"MISSION ALERT! MISSION ALERT!" The alarm sounded off loudly as all the Sparrows hustled to change into their uniforms. As she burst through her bedroom door, Dahlia zipped her last zipper, following her siblings as they rushed to find out their next mission. They gathered outside of their father's office, watching as he wrote in his notebook.

Reginald looked up from his paper, glancing at them before going back to his writing. "There's been a raid on a biochemical substance, unknown but dangerous, especially in the wrong hands. As my Sparrows, I need you all to deal with the threat," he explained. "We're ready," Ben nodded.

He turned to the rest of his siblings, and they all followed into a giant van, its interior made out of almost all metal. The Sparrows had buckled in, and they took off towards the Chemical Production Facility. Security and cop cars had gathered outside the chain link fence with their guns drawn, but none had worked up the courage to go in.

"Of course, they idle by while we do all the work. Most of them sit on their asses eating donuts anyway," Dahlia noted as they passed by. "Never mind them, D. We have bigger issues to deal with," Christopher softly spoke. Bursting through the closed gate, the sounds of gunfire erupted, striking the van, but none of its occupants. "Cease fire! Cease fire! It's the Sparrows, you dimwits!" a loud voice called out, presumably speaking to the officers outside.

"Go! go! go!" Ben instructed, just as the Sparrows piled out of the van. They dashed towards the building, briefly covering their ears as multiple alarms blared all at once, flashing red danger lights. "Let's split up and find these freaks. Marcus, you go with Jayme. Fei, you're with Alphonso. Sloane, you're with me. And Chris, you and Dahlia work together. Yell if you find them," The Squid boy said before taking off with the light brunette.

Christopher and Dahlia climbed a small set of metal stairs, keeping sharp eyes and ears out for the thieves. No doubt they were part of some rich man's gang that wanted to cause mass destruction to their opponents and the world. She glanced over the railing, hearing the sounds of dollies and voices from down below. Chris looked over the side as well.

"Once we get this to the boss, it's payday, boys!" one of the henchmen cackled. "None of us will get paid if we don't bring this to him intact," Another one spoke, tapping a steaming metal can with ice fractals encapsulating it. As Christopher turned his head towards his partner, Dahlia slowly nodded before climbing over the railing, jumping on the shoulders of one of them, grappling his neck with both hands and snapping it.