~ 𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐅𝐨𝐮𝐫𝐭𝐞𝐞𝐧 ~

"What is HE doing here?" Dahlia hissed the longer she continued to stare at the Ape-Man. "Shh! Listen to me, D. I can explain..." Sloane whispered. The gravity girl grabbed her sister's hand and pulled her into the room. Sparrow Eight glared at them as they walked closer to one another, and from the glance she got, Dahlia swore she could've seen them holding hands.

It all suddenly began to click, the deep conversations from when Luther was held captive, the secret meetings in Sloane's room. There was only one explanation for it, had Sloane fallen in love? Dahlia's eyes widened at the thought, Luther was an Umbrella, and Sloane was a Sparrow. It was a love that might as well have been forbidden. And even if Dahlia didn't trust Luther, it still pained her to know that Sloane had been keeping this a secret.

"Slo, why didn't you tell me?" she questioned. Sloane looked over at her lover, who gave her a slight nod. "I couldn't. With everything happening between our families, we didn't want to cause any more drama," She explained. "Still, it's so unlike you to keep something so major quiet. And how am I supposed to trust this relationship?" Dahlia's arms folded across her chest as she stared at the floor. The couple walked towards her, and Sloane took her hand, telling her to look them both in the eyes.

"Dahlia, I know our families got off on the wrong foot. And you have every right not to fully trust me. But I can assure you, promise you even, that I will never bring harm to Sloane. She's... given me a new lease on life, a chance to find love that I never had," Luther vowed. Dahlia was still hesitant. She debated with herself whether he was being serious. But as she looked back to Sloane, she could see a lovestruck gaze in her eyes that she had never seen before.

Come on, Dahlia. Maybe this isn't so bad! Maybe there's something positive that could come from the end of the feud. "Alright, I support you guys. But Luther, if you make Sloane cry or hurt her in any way... be very afraid," Dahlia nodded. Sloane clapped her hands with joy and pulled her into a bear hug. But the moment of joy was not to last, as there was a knock. Sloane gestured for Luther to hide behind her dresser, and she sat on her bed as Dahlia went to answer the door.

"Hey, what's up?" She asked, noticing it was Fei. Sparrow Three had her hands clasped in front of her, a few of her ravens flying right behind. "What are you doing in Sloane's room?" She questioned, peering over her shoulder to see Sloane waving. "Just having a morning convo with my sister," Dahlia excused. Fei pursed her lips, slightly humming under her breath like she was having a hard time believing that. "Mmm, Ben needs a word," She eventually spoke.

"Fine. We'll be down in ten," Dahlia sighed, already dreading what he could possibly discuss. "Not with you..." Fei pushed the door open the rest of the way, giving away Luther's hiding spot. "...him," She smirked. Trying his best to act natural, Luther tried to make conversation with the sun-glassed girl, but she wasn't interested. "H-how did you know?" Sloane stuttered. "We share a wall, and your bed squeaks. It kept me all night,"

Dahlia bit her lower lip to keep herself quiet, avoiding the temptation to blurt out she heard it too. Fei exhaled a quiet breath before she went downstairs, and Sloane quickly shut the door with wide eyes. "I thought we were quiet!" Luther whispered. "Apparently not!" Sloane buried her face in her hands, her cheeks turning bright red. Silence fell over the room as Luther and Sloane embraced, the brunette resting her head against his muscular torso.

"Well, I should probably go see what he wants," Luther spoke after about three minutes of pure awkward silence. "Be careful down there. He's been a bit unreasonable lately," Dahlia warned. The Ape-man nodded before walking towards the door, accidentally slamming it shut. The two women gave each other side-eyes, having the same thought.