~ 𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐍𝐢𝐧𝐞𝐭𝐞𝐞𝐧 ~

"Whatever's on your bucket list, I recommend you do it now,"

What am I supposed to do with these last remaining days? This world is turning to ashes outside, and most of my family is gone! Dahlia rocked back and forth in her crouching position. No bright ideas appeared in her icy mind. The only thing she knew for certain was she was most likely going to be lying in a bed, staring off into the distance, and bracing herself for the hopefully painless death that would soon await her.

"Well... on that super happy note, we've got a little announcement to make," Luther smiled as he and Sloane stood up, holding hands. Dahlia slowly looked up, wondering what they were so excited about. Wait, did Luther get her pregnant at a time like this? The couple looked at one another and giggled as the group looked at them, also wondering what was going on. "We're engaged!" Sloane lifted her left hand to reveal the ring, made out of a gold band and a tiny piece of moonstone.

While most of the family sighed and rolled their eyes at the couple's impulsive decision, Dahlia couldn't help but revel in her sister's happiness. The way she looked at the ape-man and the way she smiled at his presence was one of the few things that proved their undying love. And even if they had one or two days left till the end of the world, Dahlia could tell they were made for one another.

"Wait, you're getting married... now?" Allison blinked her eyes in disbelief. "Look, we realize the timing is less than ideal. But obviously, it's now or never. Am I right, Five?" Luther called out to the time traveler. "Don't drag me into this, please," he begged. "Whatever time we have left, we want to spend it with all of you. So, we're super pumped if you would join us in the banquet hall at 6 pm for a celebration of our love, and the official union of what's left of our two great families," Sloane grinned. "Dress code is Creative Black Tie,"

Maybe a wedding would be the perfect last hurrah for all of us. And frankly, after all the failed plans and the wild goose chase Ben has put us through, I need this escape. Dahlia spoke with her inner self. She watched as Luther and Sloane's PDA continued, all their side hugs, cheek kisses, and the occasional lightly bumping of noses. Out of the corner of her eye, she could see Ben was not happy about the union. Whatever, he's never happy about anything anyway.

"Oh, and before we forget! We made these for you guys!" the gravity girl gasped, grabbing a woven basket containing little jars. She handed them out to the group and on the sides hung tiny white and gold paper, reading in black ink. You're invited to the wedding of Luther and Sloane. "Wow, you made all these yourself?" Dusk asked. "Luther helped too. We stayed up all night," Sloane answered.

Dahlia could soon feel the icy feeling in her bones settle, and she felt like a normal person again. Her cold and bitter past seemed to fade away, and in the hours leading up to the wedding, she hoped to have one of those old girl's chats with the bride while they got ready. The excitement of it all was then interrupted by the sounds of voices and footsteps ascending the stairs. And to everyone's surprise, Klaus and Reginald got out of the madness unharmed.

"Dad? Klaus?" They all gaped. As they questioned how they made it back alive, everyone watched as Dusk dashed towards her boyfriend, hugging him as tightly as she could. "Gather round, children! Quickly now!" Reginald spoke, claiming that there was something important to discuss. But the group was more concerned about where Klaus had been. "The world's going to shit out there. What were you doing?" Diego questioned. "Reg and I got tangled up in a whole father-son end-of-the-world road trip kinda thing," the junkie explained.