Chapter 3- The Boys.

(5 years later.) *yall I changed the age, they're 14-15*

While some were greeted by the gentle embrace of sunlight and the promise of a new day, your reality remained imprisoned in the monotony of stale eggs and insipid soda, their blandness serving as the sole source of fleeting pleasure. The tasteless nourishment was the only fleeting respite you could cling to amidst the suffocating darkness.

Chains rattled with every movement, a constant reminder of your captivity, while the gnawing emptiness in your stomach offered no incentive to rise from your desolate slumber. Sleep became your only solace, the brief respite from the relentless torment. Yet, amidst the endless abyss of your thoughts, a familiar sound shattered the silence—the grating screech of the door opening, its unsatisfying resonance assaulting your ears.

Another victim had arrived.

With a disturbing calmness, the grabber entered the basement, gently laying another boy on the tattered mattress beside you. The repeated occurrence had etched their names into your memory—Griffin, Billy, Vance, Bruce, and Robin—each one a victim of this sinister man's twisted machinations.

It dawned on you that the newcomers, like you once were, were oblivious to the horrors that awaited them. Unaware of their surroundings, they would eventually muster the courage to escape, only to be lured into the upstairs room, never to return. It was a sickening cycle, a relentless dance of death orchestrated by the grabber. One after another, these boys would awaken in the basement, their hopes clinging to the prospect of rescue, only to unwittingly seal their own fate in their desperate attempts to break free.

He callously deposited the child on the worn mat, his eyes shooting daggers in your direction before retreating into the shadows. In his gaze, you saw fear and a deep-rooted apprehension—an acknowledgement of the truth you represented, the witness to his sins. Anger and disappointment surged within you, fueling your determination as you approached the sleeping boy. Something about his presence stirred a flicker of recognition within your mind, as if a faint memory was clawing its way to the surface.

His countenance, so innocent and unblemished, captivated you. Delicately, your fingers grazed a stray lock of hair, tracing its path down his neck, across his chest, until finally reaching his still hand. A tense anticipation filled the air as you gazed into his closed eyes, half-expecting them to flutter open at any moment. You hesitated, your own fingers poised to touch his, the desire to awaken him overpowering any reservations about invading his slumber. It felt strange to touch someone while they slept, yet the absence of contact with another person for so long had left you longing for the human connection that had been cruelly stripped away. In that moment, your intentions were solely driven by the need to rouse him from his peaceful repose, to bring forth a tangible presence that would breathe life into the desolation that enveloped you.

Gingerly, you began prying his fingers open, revealing a rocket ship toy that had been deceptively concealed in his hand. However, upon closer inspection, you realized that it was not a toy but a pen, a peculiar and unexpected discovery. Curiosity compelled you to gently nudge his face with the cold, metallic muzzle encircling your own, quietly mumbling, "Hello?" as you leaned in closer, your hair brushing against his nose.

To your surprise, his eyelids fluttered open, revealing his captivating, puppy-like brown eyes. Time seemed to momentarily freeze as you found yourself lost in their depths, an inexplicable connection forming between you. His warm breath grazed your face, intensifying your awareness of the proximity between you two. Suddenly self-conscious of your eerie presence, you swiftly retreated to your corner, maintaining a safe distance while continuing to observe his alluring features. In that fleeting moment, a glimmer of hope ignited within you, its radiance shining briefly before being extinguished by the looming uncertainty that came with an unlocked door and the replacement of this boy.