Chapter 9- sitting next to her.

Finn POV:

She wandered around the classroom, seemingly unaware of where to sit since all the seats were taken except for mine, as Donna was absent. Would she remember me? I wondered as she eventually settled down next to me. My eyes fixated on her bandaged arms, mesmerized by her unexpected beauty. "Um, hi," she greeted me with a smile while I nervously scanned the room, feeling a mixture of shock and awe. She glanced down at her paper, thinking I was ignoring her, but in reality, I was simply overwhelmed.

She looked different, transformed into a cleaner, more radiant version of herself. Her hair was pulled up into a messy bun, her skin clear, allowing her features to shine through without the barrier of dirt. She appeared warm and approachable, no longer bearing the signs of fear and isolation. Yet, the hardships she had endured were still evident in her eyes.

"Hey, Girl, right? Weren't you on the news last night?" Lucy, one of Donna's friends seated behind her, whispered. "Oh yeah, I ran away or something, and everyone thinks I went missing, haha," Girl replied. Lucy gazed at Y/n, or "Girl," with a kind look in her eyes. "Yeah, nice to meet you," Girl responded, and a silence settled in the room, tightening my grip on the table. I was in shock. Girl glanced at me awkwardly. "You okay?" she murmured, her beautiful eyes meeting mine as I froze. 

"I... I..." I stammered, but the teacher began speaking, diverting my attention to the board. Sensing my hesitation, she chose not to push for a conversation and instead turned her gaze awkwardly to the board, mirroring my actions. "So, why are your arms bandaged?" Lucy asked, only to be hushed by one of her friends. "Oh, it's from an accident with a barbed wire fence," Y/n explained, and Lucy nodded in understanding. "Oh, okay."

She casually placed her pencil on the paper, resuming her writing as if nothing had happened. I clenched my fist, glancing around the room. She brushed her hair behind her ear and rubbed her nose while attentively listening to the teacher. Her fingers trembled slightly as she jotted down the answers from the board, occasionally glancing in my direction. Damn it, I couldn't find the words to say, and my constant gaze was clearly making her uncomfortable.

Minutes passed, and I desperately tried to break the silence, but my voice failed me. Instead, I could only hear the loud thumping of my own heartbeat. She turned towards me, a mix of annoyance and confusion in her eyes, as she zipped up her jacket, appearing self-conscious about her appearance, perhaps thinking that was the reason for my staring. "Class dismissed," the teacher announced, and Y/n walked away. The whole encounter felt like it lasted only seconds, two awkward and unsettling seconds that imprinted her face in my mind. "What an idiot," I chastised myself silently, gathering my books and exiting the classroom.

She was nothing like I had imagined behind that muzzle, and little did I know that she would consume my thoughts for weeks to come. There was no trace of the repugnant smell I associated with her, but instead, a delicate fragrance of rose perfume surrounded her. Her (eye color) eyes sparkled in the light, reflecting off her flawless skin, and her lips were the softest, most captivating shade of pink I had ever seen.

But why? How could she not remember me?

---

(573 Words)

hey guys, so like I know I made this chapter hella short but I think instead of spending weeks on a long chapter, Ima keep them sorta short k?

-L