Chapter 18- Lost

(TW; contains mentions of sex*al assault and R#pe)

You woke up to the gentle touch of sunlight on your face, feeling a strange mix of coldness and weight in your head. As you lifted your body off the ground, you noticed Silva, your companion, lying beside you. Your nose was red and your eyes were puffy, but something felt off.

 Instead of the van you remembered, you found yourself on the side of a highway, the surroundings unfamiliar and chillier than you were used to. As you gazed down at your body, you noticed red marks scattered across your skin, the memories of the previous night entirely erased from your mind. "F-Finney?" you called out, the uncertainty evident in your voice.

The unfamiliar place and your foggy memory left you bewildered. You sat up, brushing leaves from your hair and feeling the damp dew underneath you. A terrible taste lingered in your mouth, and as you spat, you realized you had been drugged. The realization hit hard, and tears welled up in your eyes. You couldn't remember anything, not even their faces. 

The only faint memory was Finney telling you to run. Your mind struggled to make sense of it all, and you squeezed your knees to your chest, a feeling of dread washing over you. It was the same feeling you had when the grabber used to wake you up at night, when he would restrain you with handcuffs. The sense of being trapped resurfaced, and you felt as if you were reliving a nightmare you thought you had escaped.

A few moments passed, moments where you let your tears fall, where you let yourself cry. And soon you had gotten the strength to walk. "FINNEY!" You shouted loudly, wiping the tears away. "FINNEY!" You soon found yourself in the woods, following a trail of blood. As your eyes relaxed you fixated on the body that lay on the leaves. 

"F-Finney... oh- oh no Finney..." you flipped him over to see his face bloody and scrunched, he opened his eyes to see you. "I'm so sorry Y/n- there was so many- I failed you I'm so sorry I was-" you cut him off. "It's ok, I mean it's easier to forget something that I don't remember." Finney looked at you sadly before moving is head to the left, scrunching his whole face up as his tears began to rise. He placed his hand on your knee, his other hand on his face as he sighed in disappointment.

 "Fuck- It's all my fault, if I had told you to stay inside we would never have gotten here I-." You hushed him, placing your hand on his forehead as you let his head rest on the leaves. "You're bleeding." You said looking down at his hip. Finney looked at you, wiping his bloody nose. "It's dry now." You trailed your hands down to his waist, slightly lifting up his shirt.

 "Why didn't you get up?" He winced as you rolled up his shirt. "F-fuck-" he said causing you to gasp. "Did they stab you?" He sat up, brushing your hair away, his hand as big as your face. "After they got me on the floor, they kicked me down the hill, I passed out but I'm fine now, If I had fought them off then you wouldn't have had to-." 

He tucked a piece of hair behind your ear, a pity smile showing as you pressed on his side. "Ow- shit- What the fuck was that for?" He placed his hands on his injury. "You're not fine Finney, don't lie." He looked up at you letting out a small breath. "Lay down, I can help." You spoke. He rested his head again looking at you as you tore the bottom of your baggy shirt to a crop top, wrapping it around his waist.

 "That ok?" He whimpered, his legs stretching out as he scrunched his face and looked up, causing your imaginative mind to trail off. Fuck,Y/n stop being so dirty minded. You thought to yourself, your cheeks lightly reddening as he continued to make noises. "Finney—" you began, looking at him before returning to finish tying the knot. "Yeah?" he asked as you cleared your throat. "I, uh, I'm done," you said, helping him stand as you walked together through the forest.

His arm tightened around your shoulder as he limped alongside you, and after nearly an hour of walking, the distant sound of cars grew closer. "You think they filed us as missing?" Finney's question pierced the silence that enveloped you. "Probably," you replied, your voice lackluster, your mind preoccupied with thoughts. As the landscape changed from leaves to grass and eventually to a sidewalk marked by dirty footprints, you picked up the pace, Finney leaning on you for support, his touch gentle and fleeting, his fingers occasionally grazing your collarbones.

Soon, you arrived at the hospital's emergency entrance, where a group of doctors hurried to aid Finney. Wrapped in a blanket, you were led away by one of the doctors. In a waiting room, police officers peppered you with questions, their notepads at the ready. You recounted the events that led to your terrifying ordeal, describing the gang of guys in the van who initially appeared friendly, only to turn vile when they saw Finney. Your recollections became hazy after that point, the memory of the ensuing darkness and the overwhelming number of men causing your breath to waver. "When they were done with Finney, they caught up to me, and everything else from then, I can't really remember," you confessed, your fingers fidgeting nervously.

The officer leaned in. "And where did you wake up?" You looked away from his eyes. "I woke up on the side of the road, Finney not too far away, in a pool of his own blood." You flipped your hair as the officers trailed off, asking you many more questions. "Thank you." They said. You sat there, anxiously waiting for anything. As you looked at the hospital rooms you saw 2 people enter Finney's room, a small girl and middle aged man. The girl made eye contact with you before walking into the room, smiling. 

Suddenly Jimmy popped out of nowhere, his arms wrapping around your head as he squeezed you tightly. "Jes fucking chri- I thought you were dead, dont you ever fucking do that to me again, ok? You nodded, hugging him back with a small smile. "I'm so sorry Jimmy." 

you hugged for a moment longer before pulling away. He put his hands on your face, examining the cuts on your cheeks with concern as he leant in to your ear to whisper. "Are you alright kid? I saw the box, I know you skipped school n shit, just don't go out like that ever again ok?" You nodded, your red eyes blinking. "Damn it Y/n- don't tell me they- you know..." You looked at him with tears in your eyes, slightly ashamed as you grabbed onto his hands which were squeezing the side of your face.

"Shit-" he spoke, fury in his eyes. "This world is too fucking cruel to you Y/n." The way he said your real name for the first time felt different. It felt like you were finally at peace. "I only care that I'm home now." You said through teary eyes before squeezing him into a tight hug.

 Suddenly a woman walked up to you too. "Excuse me miss but are you Y/n?" The woman asked as Jimmy pulled away from the hug. "Yes, why do you ask?" You said loooking at her, before noticing that Jimmy was looking at you. "Y/n-" he said kneeling down with both knees and holding your hands. "You know I always try to protect you, and I know I've done a pretty shitty job so far, but I promise that from now on I'm gonna get better for you ok?" Now both of you were tearing up. "But these officers know that I'm not suitable to be your legal guardian, and Although I love having you here you can't stay with me Y/n." Your eyes darkened. "No- please Jimmy." He placed his hands on your knees.

 "You're like a daughter and a sister to me, but there's a better life out there, and I'm not gonna hold that away from you." He helped you out of your chair as the lady followed you. "Jimmy- please." You said through trembling breaths. "Tonight these officers are gonna take you to a shelter, there's gonna be some people who are gonna wanna adopt you, and I want you to go with the ones you feel best around alright?"

You looked at his eyes sadly. "Will I be able to see you again?" You said holding his hand tightly. "I fucking hope so." You hugged him one last time before walking into the swarm of police officers. "No matter how good my new family will be, you will always be my favourite." Jimmy watched you as the lady pulled you away from him. "Same here kid..."

———

(1506 Words.)

Guyyyssss, just here to tell u that next chapter is gonna be pretty long bc It's the last chapter...

Thank u all for getting my story so famous, I never actually believed that I would be ranked first for so long, and although my story's just come down to fifth place, and will probably only get lower now, I'm so greatful that it got the chance to be first, Also do u guys want a face reveal?

-L