Chapter 12- Run

Omg I'm back! sorry for leaving u guys, but here is the chapter you all have been waiting so very patiently for, sorry it took so long, I was just really busy, but finally it's my first weekend back as your writer! thank you all for still being here, and i promise to try to be more active from now on :)

Y/n Pov: 

With your hair whipping in the wind, you sprinted down the path, the streetlights flickering on as darkness settled in. Tears streamed down your face, leaving red trails as you made your way towards the town. As you wiped your tears, your eyes darted around, trying to appear approachable yet determined. Approaching a man in his late 30s, sporting a dark shaggy beard, curly mid-length hair, and warm brown eyes, you mustered the courage to ask for directions. "Hello, sir. Would you happen to know where the Green Lakes Denver hospital is?" Your gaze remained focused on him, eager for a helpful response.

"Oh, uh... I think if you go left and straight down there, you should reach it," he pointed in the indicated direction. You nodded, silently studying his features as he offered a friendly smile. "Thanks, see you around," you quickly replied, before dashing off towards your destination.

---

You entered the hospital, squinting against the bright lights, determined to find answers. One of the office ladies glanced up from her desk, surprised by your youthful appearance. "Hi, how can I assist you?" she asked. You hesitated for a moment before explaining, "Um, about a year ago, I was treated here after a kidnapping. I was in a coma and lost most of my memories. I was hoping to gather some information about my past life." The office lady's eyes narrowed. "I'm sorry, but I can't provide that information without proper identification," she replied, typing on her keyboard. You felt a pang of frustration as you realized you had no ID or birth certificate, having lived as a hostage for most of your life. "My name is Y/n, and I was even on the news. Isn't that enough?" you pleaded. The lady nodded sympathetically. "I understand, but without valid identification, I'm afraid I can't assist you." You frowned, annoyed by her response. "Seriously?" you retorted, while the lady looked away. "Unfortunately, that's the policy," she said, her fingers clicking on the keyboard.

"Look, kid, I can't really tell you anything about your past. From what I know, you were raised by a serial killer known as 'The Grabber'," you sighed with annoyance. "Excuse me, miss, is there anyone else I can talk to for more information? Maybe I can find out about my mother or-" The lady gave you a judgmental look and crossed her arms on the table. "I've already made it clear. Without an ID, I can't share any information with you," she said firmly. "I don't care about that man's family. You know what they say, the apple doesn't fall far from the tree," you furrowed your eyebrows, slightly opening your mouth in disbelief.

"You won't tell me anything just because I'm related to the man who kidnapped children, including myself?" She looked offended. "How dare you say such cursed words! I'm denying you service because-" You slammed your fists on the table. "Listen to me, I've been through a lot, and just because I'm somehow related to that awful man doesn't mean I agree with what he did! I'm just a kid who wants to know if there's anyone else I can look up to, someone better than him!" You tucked your hair behind your ear. "I ran all over town to talk to you, so help me, if you kick me out, I'll cause a scene. I know you can help me, so please, help me!"

---5 minutes later---

"I can't believe that bitch kicked me out, I mean threatening her, what the fuck is that supposed to mean?" you walked away from the hospital in fury, cussing under your breath as you dug you hands in your hair. "I'm so done with this shit!" you sat on the pavement with your knees to your chest. "God..." you cussed with tears threatening to fall.

"I just- I want to go home" you whimpered. "I want a home..."

Your feet lifted you off the floor as you made your way towards a phone booth, dialing the numbers of your house phone with your arms crossed. "Hello?" you sniffled. "Hey Jim" the words stumbled out. "god Shaggy, is that you? I was so scared you were fucking dear or some shit!" his voice was crackling on the reception. "Sorry..." you said holding the phone up to your ear as you both went silent. "You gonna tell me where the fuck you are, or why you ran off screaming earlier?" Jim said as you coughed. 

"yeah, I'm near the Hospital..." you spoke with a soft tired voice. "Why are you..." his voice faded. "You know which hospital." you said as he groaned. "Look, Ima pick you up but you have to tell me what the fuck happened earlier, you scared me Girl." he said with concern in his voice. You nodded, sniffling once more. "ok." you said hanging up on him and walking to a nearby bench waiting for his car.

----

It's kinda short, sorry to disappoint you but yk.... I'm trying

-L