Chapter 7- Dead

Finn POV:

(A/N: sorry I skipped a bit of the Vance area, don't come at me plz)

The freezer door remained stubbornly sealed, but I refused to give up, relentlessly banging on it, my body drenched in sweat from fear. My breath grew shallow, and as the coldness intensified, desperation fueled my determination. Then, I heard a small voice softly murmuring from behind the freezer, causing my face to freeze in disbelief. "Finn?" I whispered, feeling a rush of joy surge through my veins. "Y/n! Are you there?!" I exclaimed, my voice cracking with a mix of relief and tears.

"It's me," she coughed weakly. "Y/n, are you okay?" I shouted, my emotions overflowing. On the other side of the concrete wall, Y/n was trapped, the freezer serving as an unwelcome barrier between us. "Y/n, I can't believe you're alive. Did he hurt you? Are you alright?" I bombarded her with questions, my words overlapping in my urgency. "He... he's done some things, but I'll survive," she responded with a hint of vulnerability.

Her words struck a chord within me, evoking a fierce protectiveness for this innocent girl. "What kind of things?" I asked, unsure if I truly wanted to hear the answer. "Don't worry about it. I'll be fine," her voice trembled towards the end. "Okay, but once we escape, you have to show me, alright? We'll find a way out of here. You'll get out of here, no matter what happens to me. I believe it," I reassured her, my voice filled with determination. "If we ever get out, I'll make sure you're the first one to be free. Did you know I can talk to the boys who died? They've been helping me, Y/n!" I exclaimed with excitement. "That man, the grabber, he's going to pay for everything he did to you, me, and the other kids. He's sick, and justice will be served."

She sighed, her tone filled with resignation. "And what if we, Finn, what if I don't make it out alive?"

"Listen, I'm gonna find a way to get you out of there, okay? Stay positive, don't worry about it," I reassured her, trying to sound confident despite my own fear. "Is there any way you can move whatever's blocking the door? Maybe it's a lock or something. Anything?" The room fell silent, except for the sound of her body shifting and the clinking of chains as she winced. "I... I can't. It's locked, and my arms are still tied up. I'm sorry, Finn," she replied with a mix of frustration and helplessness.

Resting my head against the door, I ignored the biting cold that was causing me to shiver. "Can you at least try?" I pleaded, my voice trembling. There was no immediate response, but then I heard her shuffle once more, accompanied by a groan as she hit the floor. "I'm sorry, Finn—" she was abruptly cut off. "He's coming. Go!" I could hear the panic in her voice as the locks started to click. "Stay safe for me, okay?" I whispered, pressing my forehead against the icy wall.

Slowly, I eased myself out of the freezer, a sinking feeling of dread enveloping me. The hope of either of us surviving began to fade, replaced by a gnawing fear. Collapsing on the floor, tears streamed down my face uncontrollably, draining the last ounce of energy from my body. I couldn't stop crying, feeling dizzy and sick. Y/n was the only person I cared about, the only one on my mind.

Hugging my knees tightly to my chest, I realized that I had gone through all of this for nothing. It was such a foolish thing to do, and I felt incredibly foolish myself, especially for giving Y/n false hope. What if that was the last time I ever spoke to her? The weight of reality settled upon me, and I knew that I would die in this wretched place.

Tears continued to flow as I curled up into a ball, crying like a helpless child, afraid of everything. All I wanted was to make Y/n happy, even if it meant lying. But now, with the harsh truth staring me in the face, I understood that my fate was sealed. I ignored the phone as it rang, trying to calm myself.

 The phone rang once more, but I needed a moment to collect myself. I took a deep breath, looking down at the phone, and reluctantly made my way towards it. Leaning my head against the black device, I answered with a weary tone, "What?" Y/n's cries reached my ears, twisting my stomach into further knots. The clanging of the metal tray reverberated through the basement walls, amplifying my frustration and helplessness. "WHAT?" I exclaimed, my voice cracking with a mix of anger and sadness.